Open today: 09:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
The ONLY Way to Go: ebikes!

Highly recommend ebikes...the way to go! Up-hill, down dale, not a problem! With a push bike, one... read more

Reviewed 23 September 2020
Frank D
Dublin, Ireland
Great bikes, great service, great way to explore

We hired e-bikes for a day, and what a day’s cycling. For those who haven’t ridden an e-bike... read more

Reviewed 18 September 2020
Inspiration523230
Liphook, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews electric bikes bike tour e bikes excellent quality water proof highlight of our trip beautiful scenery great information highly recommend the tour great fun helmets ruth ride hiking pannier route van
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Can't recommend Ruth enough, so friendly and helpful via a good few emails to try find the right trip for us. Wanted an enjoyable scenic cycle but preferably not on a road, with a 12,13 And 14 yr old...Ruth suggested timoleague to courtmacsharry and it was perfect .... she left the bikes ready for us to collect (helmets/high vis/and repair kit too) then sent her an email to say when we'd finished and locked bikes back up for her to collect. Excellent service and would definitely use again. Thanks Ruth.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Paula F
Ruth H, Owner at Wild Atlantic Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Hi Paula. Thanks so much for taking the trouble to review - appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed your day out cycling and were happy with the service and equipment. If you're ever back this direction again, do get in touch.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I rented a bike from Wild Atlantic Sports for my solo trip from Cork to Gougane Barra, Bantry, and back along the Wild Atlantic Way to Kinsale. This was a week long trip staying at “bed and breakfasts” in some amazingly scenic villages and coastal towns.
First thing to mention is the good and precise response from Ruth (the owner) concerning the renting of the bike.
Then I was very impressed with the excellent quality of the bike. This was not a tatty old mountain bike, it was a new and amazingly well balanced machine with good road tires.
I opted for the premium road bike which came with carrier, water proof pannier bags, repair kit, etc. Everything needed for a long road trip. I only brought my helmet.
Ruth also drops off and picks up the bikes in the region with her van. In my case I arrived in Cork and she delivered the bike to my B and B on the evening I arrived.
The costs of renting I think are amazingly reasonable especially considering the quality of the bike and the equipment provided.
Finally I want to mention that the vehicle drivers in this area were all very patient and respectful of bikes on the road. So in all it was a safe and scenic trip.
Thanks to Ruth. I will certainly recommend her company to others who would like to cycle in South West Ireland.

Date of experience: July 2018
Ruth H, Owner at Wild Atlantic Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thanks for the review! Glad you were impressed by the gear and delighted that you enjoyed your holiday - West Cork is a great area to tour by bike. Hopefully see you back at some stage!

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Ruth was amazing! Loved the bike ride!! Highly recommend!!! Thank you Ruth for taking care of us on the bike. We had so much fun! We are glad we contacted you for the bike ride!

Date of experience: July 2018
Ruth H, Owner at Wild Atlantic Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Great that you enjoyed the bike tour. Thanks very much for the review!

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I booked this bike ride with Ruth as part of a fun girls weekend in Kinsale in June. Booking online with Ruth was so easy! We were a mixed bunch in terms of heights and ability but Ruth accommodated everyone. We met at the Old Head of Kinsale which was an amazing place to start. Ruth had all the bikes and gear ready and sorted based on height for all 5 of us. She is super friendly and immediately put everyone at ease and ready to have fun. Our bike ride took us along an easy scenic route on the Wild Atlantic Way. It was breathtaking! We made a stop off in Ballinspittle for tea! During the ride Ruth added in a hill challenge for some of us (optional) which myself and my sister did! I travelled from Toronto to meet my sister and friends for the weekend in Kinsale. The bike ride was something we added in as an activity for Saturday and I know I speak for the entire group when I say we had a fantastic time and would highly recommend it. Thanks so much Ruth! Will definitely see you again.

Date of experience: June 2018
Ruth H, Owner at Wild Atlantic Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thanks for doing the Wild Coast Tour - delighted that everyone enjoyed it! Also, big thanks for taking the time to review! Hopefully see you all at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Our family of 5 did the guided bike tour with Ruth. I was able to book via email 2 days before the ride. Ruth met us with the bikes ready to go & led us on a beautiful tour of the coast & town of Ballinspittle. We were able to stop to refuel & get to learn more about the area. Ruth was very accommodating & we really enjoyed ourselves!

Date of experience: June 2018
Ruth H, Owner at Wild Atlantic Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review and delighted that you enjoyed the tour. Best wishes. Ruth