Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa
US$138
US$122
Hotels.com
Priceline
All reviewsshuttle busoysterhaven bayrelaxation roombeautiful hotelleisure centrerelaxing breakbar menuwedding venuewould highly recommend this hotelsea viewtop classone night stayminute driveenjoyable staystayed here for two nightslovely viewbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I'd highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing get away ! Staff we're excellent, we arrived a little early and our room wasn't ready so because I'd a baby with me the reception put us in a ready room which was a great help! Lovely view from some of the rooms and lovely walks around the hotel. Food was also excellent, will deff take a trip here again

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cla C
OperationsKinsale, Manager at Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

I was pleased to read that you did enjoy Macdonald Kinsale Hotel & Spa and my fantastic and hardworking staff. I do hope we see you back with us real soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Beautiful hotel in a lovely setting, with friendly staff, lovely room, relaxing lobby and great leisure facilities, nice parkland walk around the hotel, good value and a lovely place for a weekend break.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 17Nilest

Many Thanks for your very kind review of the Macdonald Kinsale Hotel and Spa it is truly appreciated. It is always a pleasure to hear that our Guests enjoy our hotel and service we offer.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Such a peaceful location in a beautiful setting. Asked for room with bay view and got it. Beautiful. Very friendly receptionist very welcoming. Room very comfortable and bathroom also. Didn't try spa treatments but will definitely come back again and stay longer and use all the facilities. Highly recommended

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 517maureenf

Many Thanks for your kind review of the Macdonald Kinsale Hotel and Spa it is very much appreciated.
I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Couple of days break in January with my partner. Upon arrival, the hotel looks wonderful, both inside and out. Our room was lovely no complaints there, clean, lovely bed and welcoming. Breakfast the first morning was utterly disappointing, barely warm, not very nice. The staff in the hotel seem, uninterested, on slow mo. Dinner the second night was included, again, utterly disappointing, (already made a review for the rock pool restaurant). The staff in the hotel were young and just didn't seem to Handel the work, although it wasn't busy, tables left I cleaned, bar filling with used glasses.
The hotel itself was beautiful, and on stunning grounds, however wouldn't recommend eating here, spectacular restaurants in kinsale for half the price and delicious food.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review of the Macdonald Kinsale Hotel and Spa, I welcome feedback both positive and not so. I appreciate all of your feedback to help us improve our product.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on the 4th of January 2017 and overall our stay was pleasant however we had a few hiccups regarding the food. We booked a classic double room with dinner and breakfast included. Our first impression of the hotel by the exterior and reception was fantastic the decor was superb and the staff were welcoming on arrival. The room was lovely with a king size bed, a 42" television roughly, a bath, shower and a view of a fountain out our window.

Food wise, we booked our dinner when we checked in we booked it for 6:30pm. When we arrived down to dinner we were shown to our seats and looked after by a fantastic waitress she was very attentive and ensured we were well looked after. Due to having our meal included we were not given the usual menu we were given a menu with very little choice especially for main course. Our choices were turkey and ham, Sea Bass or mushroom risotto. Both My boyfriend and I had the seafood chowder to start and the seabass for main course. The portion sizes were small enough with one small piece of sea bass on our main plate with one small bowl containing half potato and half veg for both of us to share. I had the brownie for dessert and my boyfriend has cheesecake. The brownie was a nice size and was served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, very flavoursome and well presented. The cheesecake was nice also however personally my boyfriend and I preferred the brownie. I couldn't commend our waitress more for her service it was fantastic unfortunately we never got her name.

Due to the such small portion sizes we were hungry later that night and decided to order room service. Our choices for room service after 9pm were toasted sandwiches and pizza. A good variety of each were available. We ordered a pizza to share. The pizza took at least 1 hour to arrive, we wouldn't have minded the wait for the pizza if it was enjoyable. However the cheese on the pizza was not fully melted and the pizza was cold when it arrived.

Our breakfast the next morning was good and is served until 10:30. We arrived down to the restaurant at 9am for our breakfast. We had a brilliant variety of hot food to choose from as well as different cereals. There was also different varieties of juices available as well as hot tea and coffee served to the tables. There was no fruit salad available while we were there but there were whole bananas and oranges to choose from. It might just happen that we had bad luck with the food in this hotel.

The gym and pool were well equipped. The pool was clean and the spa was busy so we didn't book anything. The gym was a good size and had a good variety of equipment. For a hotel the gym was brilliant and the pool was good also.

Due to the brilliant staff, decor and views in this hotel I would go back here again to give the hotel a second chance and see if the mishaps with the food were just a once off. If the food improves I would reccomend this hotel without a second thought.

Overall Experience: Lovely hotel, Fantastic welcoming and efficient staff, nice atmosphere, lovely views, the food was poor.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple