“Great Rooms-Superb Breakfast-Delightful Host”
Review of Blindgate House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinsale
Blindgate House
Ranked #5 of 53 Kinsale B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Rooms were great, nice blend of modern and traditional, comfortable, nearly elegant, bright, airy and open. Breakfast was superb, probably the best among many over 12 days. Maeve, the proprietor and hostess, was friendly and outgoing. Five minute walk to town and lots of parking in a walled and easy access lot right in front. Excellent choice for Kinsale.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roger L
There are newer reviews for Blindgate House

Reviewed 20 September 2011

My daughter and I stayed only 1 night--even tried to cancel our next reservation to stay longer. It is a calm, clean and beautiful place. It is warm, non-cluttered and beautifully designed. Maeve is equally lovely--she has created an environment with attention to details and beauty. The dining area was open, filled with light and in that space, she served us the best breakfast on our entire trip. I would recommend Blindgate to my friends and hope I can return one day. PS Sorry Maeve we arrived a bit late--did not see your call till I returned home--you were so kind to be so patient with us!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ckara09
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. Located 5-7 minutes walk from the town centre (longer going back as its uphill!) we had a very pleasant stay. Rooms are bright and modern with attractive decor and furnishings. Breakfast was excellent and staff were friendly and very helpful. This is a modern purpose built hotel, so no period charm or views, but a convenient and peaceful location which is not to be sniffed at, as the centre can be quite noisy on Fridays and Saturdays. Highly recommended and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Russell O
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The accommodation was spotlessly clean,the bed was large and comfortable, breakfast was delicious and the coffee was top notch. Yet I won't be back. My husband reckoned it was like staying in a dentist's waiting room, it seemed almost the antithesis of the quaintness of Kinsale. It was expensive too. However it is obviously very popular,and I suppose deservedly so.I prefer a little more character and charm though.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glastocat
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed here for two nights and would highly recommend it. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious - best french toast I've had for years! The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The walls are not thick and you can hear when those in the rooms on either side are using the showers but it's not noisy by any means. The guesthouse is located in Kinsale and it is a very short walk into the centre of the town and to the harbour - maybe 5 minutes. The staff were extremely helpful and when a taxi they had booked did not turn up (not their fault at all but do not use Kinsale cabs) they did what they could. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends