Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jo H
Naperville, Illinois

So close to perfect.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jan 2024
I so wanted to give the Blue Haven five stars but I had to subtract one for room issues.

Let's start with the positives. The staff were brilliant from top to bottom. Kate was especially helpful with local recommendations and securing a driver for us on the next leg of our Irish adventure. The common areas are top notch and the bistro (reviewed separately) was cozy and the food yummy.

We reserved room #9 for a little extra space. Hmm...it appears to be a consolidation of two rooms which would work brilliantly for a couple traveling with a child or plus one. The room's windows looked out over...nothing: a fence, an alley, close in roofs or were too high to be of any use. One of the ceilinglights flickered unless you set the dimmer "just right" (thanks to the handyman who showed me the magic setting.) Beyond the toilet seat that bangs your back and the inconsistent water temperature, the room was too hot. We turned off the radiator but the room was still too hot for sleeping.

Lest you think I'd never return to the Blue Haven, I would come back. But not to room #9. Nope. Not that one. Never.
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • eDreams
  • Agoda.com
1.2 km from Blue Haven Hotel Kinsale
View more hotels in Kinsale
All reviews fish and chips chowder lovely meal no elevator two nights boutique hotel lovely room pancakes following morning full irish breakfast was excellent dyson town ireland hairdryer cork pint
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2023 via mobile

Stayed at the blue haven on wed night 13 dec , got woken up by a massive lorry parked outside our window unloading cement from 6 o clock to 7 45 , ( crazy ) spoke to the lady downstairs and got a simple apology , very disappointed 😞 it’s a pity this mishap ruined our stay

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank christopher m
Eugene McNamara, General Manager at Blue Haven Hotel Kinsale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2024

Dear christopher m

I was very disappointed to read of your experience as detailed in your review. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further and would ask that you email me directly with your contact details so that I may call you at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Eugene McNamara, General Manager

gm@schullharbourhotel.ie

Reviewed 7 December 2023

Our tour guide Derek from Private Tours Cork recommended this for our lunch and it was amazing. The staff are very friendly and the food is delicious. We even had amazing drinks recommended by the staff. We will return in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2023

Had a lovely stay here for my birthday, food was so nice and staff very friendly and helpful, and the room was nice and clean , very central to everything, well worth a visit , I will be back again ☺️

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2023 via mobile

Ridiculously small, noisy room. A stark contrast to the lovely photos on their website. Yes there was a Dyson hairdryer. And a Dyson fan, which simply took up valuable space on the side of the bed. Cannot speak to the food, which seems to be the reason for the four star average. But we were so disappointed by the depressing uncomfortable room that we ate at the White House across the street. And service?? Not one staff member even said hello in the 24 hours I was there. Two stars, however, for the music in the bar, and its charming hostess. Go elsewhere. And don’t be fooled by those photos.

Date of stay: September 2023
2  Thank MoonMother70

Dear MoonMother70,

Kind regards,

Eugene McNamara, General Manager

gm@schullharbourhotel.ie

Reviewed 10 August 2023 via mobile

Stayed here for one night recently and I can honestly say it was great. It’s our second time this year staying on this hotel and it definitely won’t be the last. We were given a fabulous room with all the necessary mod -cons. Great coffee machine and a Dyson fan which was badly needed as we were in kinsale on a very hot day. There are areas in the hotel that probably need some upgrading. Some paintwork was very shabby but I wouldn’t let it put me off staying here again. The staff are lovely and friendly and really helpful. There was one Spanish girl in particular who was exceptional.We didn’t eat dinner here this time but have on previous occasion and it was fab. There was a great choice at breakfast and we weren’t waiting long for it.Really enjoyed our stay here and will do so again.

Room tip: Parking is difficult at busy times. We got a space outside the hotel so it wasn’t too bad
Date of stay: August 2023