Blue Haven Hotel
US$154
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
All reviewsno liftfish pielive musicpillow menuchowderstreet parkingeggs benedicthotel bartop classtwo nightslovely hotelboutique hotellovely roomvisiting kinsalecentral locationmadelinetown
Reviewed 21 December 2016

Really worth to go to, Kinsale town itself is beautiful but Blue Haven as well. I didn't realise that they are so complex - there's Blue Haven Hotel, bar and bistro, seafood cafe, hamlets bar and just when we were about to leave Kinsale we popped in to Old Bank House for coffee and we found out there are part of blue haven too.
Very nice, quiet, clean place and nice people. I think that's what it is about.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2016

Before I begin, I know this is a bit late, but just didnt around to writing it.
My wife and myself visited the Blue Haven for an evening meal during the Halloween weekend and the meal was very power. I would rate the seafood chowder was cold & probably the worst that Ive ever had. My wife had soup which was cold also. We reported it to the waitress but she did nothing about it. We had planned in having main course also but we paid for what we had and left.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Very poor. Room nice and clean. Breakfast poor, I had eggs benedict served on a slice of toast!!! Also, burnt pancakes a speciality! Breakfast buffet in corner on table in serving area and not even refrigerated. Would not chance the salmon or ham! Dinner was extremely poor, 1 fish dish which included gnocchi thats fried in a boat themed restaurant. Very very poor. Staff young and inexperienced. This hotel does not meet the high standards Kinsale has set itself, would not recommend at all

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Called in for lunch and we were met by a courteous and professional member of staff. Menu's came along quickly and our orders placed. There was a lovely comfortable atmosphere in the bar area with a great variety in the age profile of people in the bar. The rest rooms were bright, well attended to and pristine. lunch arrived promptly and was very tasty and good value for money. Vary impressed and will be back.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2016

I won't repeat many of the points raised by recent reviewers but agree your view can be a matter of personal taste. For what we paid, we found the room to be on the small side and noisy. There is no lift but we can manage our own bags. The staircase carpets were not vacuumed enough. We ate in the restaurant one night. It was OK but there are better places to eat at in Kinsale. The breakfasts were quite good. the reception staff were very good.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends