Gourmet Pantry Kinsale Delicatessen Bakery Catering
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Kinsale
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Description: Kinsale's Gourmet Pantry Delicatessen-Bakery-Catering offers healthy and tasty takeaway meals, salads, soups , pates , dips , sandwiches , pastries , desserts & cakes. Private & corporate catering events. Vegetarian & gluten free options. Breads and cakes baked daily. Local products & irish artisan producers , hampers
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Brought home their beef and brandy stroganoff.. really lovely.. beef was melt in the mouth. Bought 2 salads . Boiled rice myself- had a lovely dinner for under 20€.. well done..

Reviewed 26 August 2018

We came across this shop initially on a food tasting tour and we were very impressed. They have an excelllent selection of sweet and savory foods all made on site. The sausage rolls were so tasty and the salted caramel profiteroles had us licking our lips! Absolutely lovely. On our last day in Kinsale we returned to purchase more of these delicious foods to bring home. Fantastic store. If you love your food you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Attended an event on Saturday in Oysterhaven. Kinsale Gourmet Pantry did the catering. I'm standing in a dusty field and bit into these sandwiches. My friend is a caterer to the 'stars' in Hollywood simply because she knows how to put simple flavours together well. I don't know how a company improves on a ham and cheese, but this one did. Egg mayonnaise? OMG. Simple fresh herbs. Gorgeous bread. Then the pesto chicken. I can still taste the subtle spices. I am busy. I don't do this e.g. leave feedback unless something is extraordinarily good or bad. Taking a moment to say...wish they were here! I'd use them in London...LA...or anywhere.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this establishment with my wife and when we saw that they had what were labeled as “gluten free” cakes we were very excited.

Before we ordered we decided to ask the young gentleman server for a bit more info just to be sure they were safe for us (one of us is a diagnosed coeliac) and that proper precautions had been taken.

Unfortunately there was no awareness of the need to use a separate tong/implement specifically for gf items to avoid cross contamination. To make matters worse we were then told that even though the cakes were clearly marked as gluten free they weren’t safe for someone with a gluten allergy to eat.

When I told him that by it’s very definition something being gluten free would mean that someone with a gluten allergy should be able to eat it he did not agree and was inclined to argue the point!!! He maintained that just because someone with a gluten allergy can’t eat one of these items there is no reason it can’t be called or sold as a gluten free item.

Needless to say I didn’t agree with this interpretation but the server was adamant he was right. Faced with this level of intransigence and such a lack of knowledge we did not proceed to purchase anything.

The following week I saw a post on Facebook by this establishment promoting gluten free items. I commented asking them whether or not these items were suitable for coeliacs or someone with a gluten allergy. I also highlighted the absurdity of their position that someone with a gluten allergy can’t have something they call and are selling as gluten free. Instead of explain their logic and the basis of their position to me or even enter into a productive dialogue on the topic they just deleted the post.

It’s a shame as their produce looks nice but if that’s how they deal with customers or people with food allergies then I would be very careful and enter at your own risk making sure to double check first.

1  Thank Kerryboy2014
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Great delicatessen serving an exciting range of hot and cold products. Beautiful home baking range of which the Almond Croissant stole the show for me. Nice range of smoked chicken, bacon and cheese as well as a good salad offering. Well worth trying this place outside