“Tour Kinsale with Barry..you will not be disappointed!”

Don & Barry's Historic Stroll in Old Kinsale
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Kinsale
More attraction details
Owner description: Don & Barry's Historic Stroll in Old Kinsale. The original daily walking tour of Kinsale. Daily 7 days from Kinsale Tourist Office at 11.15 April-Oct. Plus early bird tour at 9.15 May-Sept, Mon- Sat. Selected by Rick Steves as 'Kinsale's single best attraction' Duration 1 hour approx, suits all ages, rain or shine!Tours Nov-March by appointment only
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Tour Kinsale with Barry..you will not be disappointed!”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This tour was one of the best I have taken. Barry was knowledgeable and told some great stories. He kept the group interested and entertained. I would highly recommend this walking tour.

Brant, Michigan, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Barry rocks ... what a terrific storyteller.”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Barry knows the history and, more important, brings it alive. He shows the story, doesn't just tell it. My most enthusiastic recommendation... Paul from Saginaw

Oakland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour - informative and entertaining”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I usually don't go on guided tours, but I was in Kinsale with three of my sisters and they wanted to go on the tour. We met Barry and he handed us a brochure stating that we didn't have to pay until the end, and we could drop out if we weren't happy, so I decided to try it.

Barry has a great personality and told us wonderful stories about the history of Kinsale and the people who lived there. I stayed for the entire tour and wished that it had gone on longer. Barry also recommended other sites for us to see, and even a pub for lunch that was exactly the kind we were looking for.

Barry ran into one of my sisters in town the following day, and gave her a poster of an antique map of Kinsale which she was thrilled to receive.

Kinsale is a very pretty town and it has a fascinating history that we wouldn't have known about if we hadn't taken the tour. I highly recommend it.

Iowa City, Iowa
“Amazing tour of Kinsale!”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My family and I (my parents and three adult children) were only in Kinsale for 2 days, and I'm so happy that we started our stay off with this tour! Our tour guide, Barry, was very helpful and gave a great history of Kinsale. He also gave great recommendations for the rest of our time in the area. My dad even bought an old map of the Kinsale area and harbor that we have framed now!

Visited June 2011
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Historic Stroll - Kinsale”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We had a wonderful walk through Kinsale with Barry Moloney leading and telling the history of the bay and surrounding area. I was traveling with 10 college students through Ireland and Barry was able to knit the history of the area into a cohesive story that engaged them all. He met us at the bus stop with umbrellas in hand and allowed my weary travelers to pop in a cafe along route to grab a cup of coffee and continue on. He is knowledgeable, engaging (calling students by name at the end of the tour), and animated. When we returned to the office, his partner, Don, was there to meet us and gab a little - it was a very good experience an I recommend dropping down to Kinsale for the day if you are visiting Cork. We also hiked up to Charles Fort, equally enjoyable and informative.

Visited November 2011