Tudor Lodge
  • Pool
Celtic Ross Hotel(Rosscarbery)
Courtmacsherry Hotel(Courtmacsherry)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I came to Clonakilty with the view of moving here, I stayed 3 nights in Tudor Lodge and found it comfortable and felt totally relaxed. On my arrival I got a warm welcome from the host and nothing was any bother. I was given addresses and directions to help me prepare for my move. My sister and I were served a lovely Irish breakfast which we thoroughly enjoyed.I will be going back to stay there and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Stayed in Tudor Lodge for 2 nights recently. Accommodation itself is fine,basic but clean. Breakfast was cooked for us on 1 of the mornings and can't say it was anything special. Not good quality food that was used.

The owner has to be the most nosy person I have ever come across, openly talking about the locals in the dining room in the morning with other guests. Extremely rude in my opinion and totally out of order when running a b & b. We were also locked out on 1 of the nights we stayed and it was then insinuated that it was our fault cos we couldn't manage to turn the key in the door! Ridiculous. We were contemplating not staying the 2nd night because of this.

Would not go back to Tudor Lodge again and can't recommend it to anyone. While we were in Clonakilty we came across alot of other places that we could have stayed and we were very sorry we didn't.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank PollyW1979
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I would just like to say that the owners were a bit strange and made us feel very uncomfortable. Can't really fault the accomodation or location.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank mrs9
Reviewed 26 August 2007

The bedrooms are spacious, and there is a coffee/tea maker in every room. The host is friendly and prepares excellent breakfasts each morning and gives helpful advice and tips on the surrounding areas. It is a quiet place, so if you are looking for a place where you can make a lot of noise, this is not your spot. However, if you are looking for a quiet and peaceful house, a great location ( 2minutes walk from downtown) , friendly host, and large and satisfying breakfast, this is the place!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 30 July 2007

My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant 5 night stay at Tudor Lodge. The rooms are very comfortable and there is plenty of storage space for clothes. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The location of the B&B is very good for the town. It is up rather a steep hill so may not be suitable for everyone. Teresa and her daughter are very nice and nothing is too much trouble for them. We would definitely stay there again if we were to go to Clonakilty.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple