“Terrible Lunch”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Booked lunch based on TA reviews. Don't do the same. There are plenty of better places to eat in Midleton.
The shop & restaurant looks great, nice looking produce & a great buzz when you walk in.
Unfortunately that is where the positives stop.
We ordered lamb's liver & the soup of the day, mushroom.
Cardinal sin no1, we were asked how we would like the liver cooked & we stated pink. It was more than well done on arrival, very disappointed. My mushroom soup was heated up in the microwave for too long ... I've had better soup from a well known German discount supermarket. I can understand the attraction of Farmgate, however, the food falls short. When we told our waitress that we weren't happy, she just smiled & said " chef cooked it the way he likes it". When we paid for lunch at the cash register the staff member was so rude.

3  Thank Munch09

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Visited on Saturday night last. Very warm welcome. Menu very varied. Food to die for. Crab Claws in Garlic to start and steak to follow. Cooked to perfection. Staff extremely friendly and professional. Very enjoyable evening had by all. Will definitely recommend and will dine there again

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Today’s lunch at Farmgate was delicious, the best of all our lunches while in Ireland. The menu has a very large variety of dishes with a creative touch to each. The restaurant is spacious, comfortable and clean and the service very friendly. I highly recommend dining here.

1  Thank BorderTerrierMom2
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just had the best meal we’ve had on our trip to Ireland yet. We just randomly went in and are we glad. My husband had the pasta with chicken and mushrooms. I had the smoked chicken with Chorizo and goat cheese salad. They were both so delicious and filling and full of good flavors. The restaurant was very clean and full of character and great music selections. The service was equally as great. I wish I was staying here in Midleton another night just to have another meal there. We also had dessert and beer in our bill was $50. Coming from the states for a delicious meal like what we had, I feel like that was a great price. If you come in to Midleton , I highly recommend Farmgate. Zero complaints!! Well done!!

1  Thank slrenner71
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Visiting a friend in Midleton he had booked the Farmgate restaurant as a surprise for me. Wasn't disappointed, to start I had fab fish cake and salad. Decided to have steak for main course as something I wouldn't normally order ..it too was fab. My friend had mussels to start and was very impressed with them. Service from start to finish was very professional. Loved the place and we'll definitely be back

2  Thank DublinUn_happy