Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$148
eDreamsUS$148
FindHotelUS$148
Agoda.comUS$148
EtripUS$148
ZenHotels.com
All reviews beef family wedding next morning function grounds house
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The rooms like other reviews have mentioned are quite dates but they still have everything you need. We had a beautiful dinner. The food at Springfort Hall is always excellent. Breakfast the next morning was ok, there was a wedding the previous evening so the breakfast room was pretty busy. The full Irish seemed to be on a small plate so it was all piled on and the hollandise sauce on the eggs benedict was solidified. Everything was flavourful though. The staff were very friendly and the grounds of the hotel are lovely.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2021

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the hotel for providing an excellent and normal service during my stay. In particular for catering for both Breakfast and Evening Meals, whereas many hotels are not accommodating for during the pandemic. It was very much appreciated.

Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2020

Expected more of this 4* hotel. Although cost was good, the overall experience was not! The car park is pot-holed and uneven, although the outside of the hotel well presented. Inside, things are a little different. My bedroom which was at the back of the hotel was spacious but dated and with a stained carpet. The room had a kettle with cups, tea and coffee, etc., but no biscuits. Information about the hotel was provided on a single laminated sheet and included a grammatical error! The en-suite bathroom was dated and showed various efforts to fix tiles and re-plaster cracks, etc. Toiletries were minimal. The TV was small and had 8 channels including 2 which had no signal. 6 working channels in a 4* hotel is a new standard certainly! The view from my bedroom was into a field with a large security light pointed towards the hotel, Colditz style! However, the bedroom was warm and room service visited each day!
Food wise, the hotel dinner menu was fairly limited and repetitive. The breakfast menu became increasingly limited, day by day, with only one hot option on the last day (Friday). However, the portions were sufficient, and the dining room staff attentive. In contrast to a fairly stable dinner menu, the breakfast menu changed each day but for the Full Irish breakfast, items were not freshly cooked but instead pre-cooked and so included rubbery eggs, etc. Dinner was available in a bar setting which was chilly, or the dining room where a rodent trap lay behind the bay window radiator. Contents unknown!
This 4* hotel has no spa or pool, but the lady who checked me in assured me it had 'one' walk around the property. Fortunately, Donerail deer park is a few km away and affords many more scenic walk options. I presume the adjoining stables are popular with locals which would explain the frequent traffic outside my bedroom window during the day.
So, Springfort Hall is well located, inexpensive and has a 4* rating. It is obviously under pressure in these Covid-19 times, as are many hotels, and it remains to be seen if it survives. The facilities are limited, the interior decoration very dated but it is popular with its loyal clientele. I will not be returning and would not recommend Springfort Hall to anyone that I like.

Room tip: My room at the back of the hotel overlooked the driveway to the stables and so stable traffic was constant!
Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Dublin_guy_60
Reviewed 23 August 2020

We came to Springfort Hall for food during the summer and looked at it as a possibility for a wedding venue and it ticked so many boxes for us like many other couples! Our criteria was a country house with an old world feel, great food, clean, friendly staff, bright and elegant reception room, outside ceremony (if possible) and somewhere for nice photos!

I am not writing this review to give bad points to the hotel, in fact I really liked the hotel so much I feel a few of these recommendations would make a huge difference to the hotel as a wedding venue and it would attract a lot more couples!

The food was very nice which is really important for a wedding. The staff are fantastic and so helpful! Unfortunately we felt there were a few small things they could improve on which would make it an AMAZING country house venue!

The banquet hall for the reception has some pros and cons e.g. The carpet is too dark and makes the room look dull and dusty, it is a bit musty smelling and a bit out dated. A wooden floor would make the room a lot brighter and cleaner looking.
The men's bathrooms could do with a little revamp according to my boyfriend.

However, the reception room has some lovely character also with the gold mirrors and crisp, white draping. The centre chandelier is also a bit too dark and I feel it would suit the overall theme of the house if it was more of a crystal chandelier. The front centre room with the piano is really nice and is a lovely chill out area for guests with a beautiful open fireplace! There is also a lovely large staircase as you walk in the front door (the main door is also a lovely feature!).

One thing I did notice is the hotel lacked a landscaped garden with flowers. It has a lovely large tree in the front but I think it would be lovely to have more of a garden area with flowers for the photos. This is something that a lot of brides are looking for and I felt Springfort Hall has huge potential for this! There are a lot of trees and bushes but very little flowers besides the window boxes so it lacked colour and beauty. Doneraile Park is down the road but it would obviously be nicer and more relaxing to stay at the venue for the photos.

There is a lovely long driveway up to the house and it would benefit greatly if the gardens were landscaped with more flowers and colour. The driveway exiting the hotel is also in need of repair as it is full of pot holes.

I would like to reiterate again that I really like this hotel and would definitely consider it for my wedding if it got a small revamp! The overall character of the house is so inviting and the staff could not be more helpful. I think these subtle changes could make it a 5 star venue for weddings!

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 10 July 2020

After recently attending a breakfast meeting I was so impressed by the attentive staff and the cleanliness of the facilities.

I would highly recommend Springfort Hall for the high standard of the food, the meeting facilities and the team.

Date of stay: July 2020