“Ardilaun B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ardilaun

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malahide
Ardilaun
Ranked #7 of 12 Malahide B&B and Inns
Dallas
“Ardilaun B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed for one night at Ardilaun. It was my first time in Ireland, and the location was beautiful! I think I enjoyed Malahide more than Dublin. The B&B is a short walk from the beach, from Malahide Castle, and from the railway into Dublin.

The B&B had a homey atmosphere. The rooms were lovely.

By far though the best part were the hosts. Bernie was amazing, giving, and helpful! On the first afternoon he was heading into Malahide & gave me a ride into town. The night before I left he arranged for a taxi to pick me up early in the morning. Unfortunately I didn't wake up in time & missed the taxi. Bernie came downstairs to check & make sure that I had gotten the taxi alright. I had already used the phone book & called another taxi but the taxi had not arrived after a reasonable length of time. Bernie called the taxi company to check on the taxi. The taxi was nearby, but as Ardilaun is a bit difficult to find, Bernie gave directions. When the taxi still did not arrive Bernie was concerned that I would miss my flight. He drove me to the airport himself & would not accept money to pay for gas.

I had such an amazing experience at Ardilaun that I will not even consider staying anywhere else the next time I am in Ireland.

The address is confusing, so be sure you have the directions to the place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

just had yet another wonderful stay at Ardilaun our Irish home from home, it truely is a place to be yourself, from the moment we knock the door our holiday begins, the welcomness and friendliness as always, is there, The rooms are comfortable , fresh and clean, and all facilities from tv, tea/coffee, and a hairdryer are always there, there are fresh clean towls daily and should anythin be needed Bernie and Rory are at hand. The hosts a truely lovey people, there is never to much trouble for anythin from directions to maps and beyond,you can relax in the comfort of your own room or there is a relaxing lounge to use, the breakfast has a variety but its the full Irish breakfast that sets you up for the day {evan the eggs have no skirts on fab} malahide is a village not to far form Ardilaun with a scenic route through the park that has a beautifull castle and along the sea front a harbour, we have been staying with Ardilaun for at least 6 years and would reccomend it to anyone from the bottom of our hearts truly recommended {first class hosts, first class b&b} uk girls

Room Tip: we have stayed in all rooms available and have all been of requirments and a very high standard
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lynnepat D
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Bernie and Rory couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. A wonderful house with great rooms and everything was spotlessly clean. Breakfasts were fantastic, a proper Full Irish breakfast!

All in all a great place to stay and we would recommend Ardilaun to anyone thinking of visiting Malahide.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

Bernie couldn't have been more helpful or kind and this would be a great place to stay for most people, so I am sorry to have to report something negative. However, the triple front room is very crowded and very noisy if the windows need to be open because it faces a busy street. There is not really a lounge to sit in, and the lovely bathtub does not have a plug! This is fine for a one night stay if you need to be close to the airport, provided you do not get the front room in hot weather, and the price is a bit less than others. I had wanted a place to relax for one day and explore Malahide (which has a lovely castle), but I didn't want to sit in a room listening to traffic, so I went elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

This is a lovely B&B just 15 minutes from the Dublin airport, and close to many local attractions. When we arrived, Bernie greeted us very kindly with a lot of good advice about sights to see nearby, and she told us exactly which routes to take to get where we needed - it was a quick train ride from Malahide into Dublin city centre as well. A walk from the B&B into the village of Malahide (restaurants, shops, etc) took us about 20 minutes (we did it by foot, but I would recommend going by car or bus), with a detour to Malahide castle along the way. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable overlooking a garden. The breakfast was quite filling, even though we did not eat any meat - we had plenty of yogurt, muesli, cereal, delicious home-baked traditional brown bread, fruits and more.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rachky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
2.0 km away
3.2 km away
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
1.5 km away
Castle Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Been to Ardilaun? Share your experiences!