5 people are viewing this hotel
eDreamsUS$255
Agoda.comUS$254
Hotels.com
2,145 results
All reviews coast restaurant sea view ryan's bar matt ryan bar lovely hotel breakfast room dart station bar food family room enjoyable stay dublin airport hotel bar ireland conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2022 via mobile

We have stayed in Grand centre back in 2018 had a lovely experience.Stayed last week not so lovely Sunday arrivel. My complaint is seeing housekeeping still when we checked in leaving glasses and bottle on windows sills by public lift. And a member off housekeeper using bad language when he was pushing the housekeeping trolley into the lift . Over all cleanliness of hallways not very nice .Bedroom window had splatter of bird poop on the window .
Shower tray molding. Breakfast awful cheap and fatty bacon boiled pale and and not very appetising. I don't think we will go back .But understand because off covid you our short staff, and using temping agency staff which should still be told about manners and cleanliness

Room tip: Be mindful off your guests who pay alot for there experience at the grand Central malahide .
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tina O Sullivan, Other at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear reviewer,
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us more, as the team here really do strive to ensure all our guests have a great experience with us. Should you wish to contact me direct in relation to your stay please do so on foh@thegrand.ie.
Kind regards
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2022 via mobile

We stayed in room 317. There was a nice view of the sea but that was the only nice thing about the room.

Tired and of fashioned room that was tiny. Impossible for 2 people to get ready for a night out, one of us has to lie on the bed and take turns to get ready.

The heat in the room was unbearable and as a result we could not sleep.and we had the window fully open all night.

When my wife was blow-drying her hair, She accidentally pointed the drying in the direction of the top of the wardrobe. This resulted in a cloud of disgusting dust all over the room.

When checking out the receptionist never asked how our stay was, so I told her of our experience. I was dismayed at her when she just shrugged her shoulders.

We paid €190 for a midweek stay with no breakfast and ended up in this room. Way too expensive for what felt like a 2 stay room in a 4 star hotel

1  Thank johnnyrotten25

Dear Johnnyrotten25,
I am sorry to hear that you felt your room was too small. We have many different room types and sizes, and the room type you booked was one of our Cosy Doubles which would be our smallest room type. One of our Superior or Executive rooms might have suited your needs better if you were looking for a more spacious stay.
kind regards
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2022

Stayed one night for a concert in malahide castle. The lobby, bar, restaurant area etc are all beautiful, I was excited to see our room! The woman that checked us in was efficient but less than friendly, she spoke to tell us only what we needed to know. The room itself (rm 224) was old and sparse. It could have done with a major revamp. The curtains were too short for the window. The door into the room was approx 3 inches above the ground on one end. At €270 for one night B&B, the very least I would expect is a dull door. It was a very warm night out and no air con in the room, also no way of turning off the hot radiator!!! We didn't sleep a wink because of the heat. Bar food was ok. Breakfast was nice but the staff could have been friendlier or even said good morning! Upon check out I mentioned about the door and also about the extreme heat and I was completely ignored by the man at reception. It was a very disappointing stay all in all.

Reviewed 21 June 2022

When we arrived at the hotel they were extremely busy due to the number of concerts that were on in Malahide that week therefore it meant our room wasn't ready at the time it should have been - which we were completely fine with, these things happen. Paulina (i am near sure her name was!) was in reception and she was 5* in terms of how she handled things, looked after us, and made sure that our stay was extremely pleasant. Thank you, Paulina - extremely professional, efficient & caring for your guests

1  Thank Mreid24

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your lovely comments which we will pass on to Paulina.
It was indeed a very busy week with all the concerts on in Malahide Castle but I'm delighted to see that the efforts of the team here still shone through.
kind regards
Front Of House Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2022

I've stayed at the Grand Hotel a couple times, and probably will again, but I'm afraid the hotel has seen better days. While the front of house is clean and modern you don't have to go far to find indications of age.
My room was on the 3rd floor and my family was on the 2nd. Rather than take the elevator I used the stairs which is where I saw the condition of the walls in the attached pictures.
It was also bothersome to see the housekeeping staff lounging in the chairs in the elevator lobby. Of course it was the younger team members, also playing on their phones, but not the impression you want for a hotel with Grand in the name.
The Grand Hotel has a great location, plenty of amenities, great bars, exactly what you want; they just also have some work to do (repair and training) to get to where they want to be.