Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,129 results
All reviews coast restaurant sea view ryan's bar matt ryan bar lovely hotel breakfast room dart station family room dublin airport enjoyable stay hotel bar ireland conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2022 via mobile

Executive rooms are modern, spacious & comfortable. Bar snack menu is limited, the side orders let the food down a bit. Lots of choices at breakfast, fantastic views in the coast restaurant which unfortunately was closed in the evenings. A few disappointing things such as pool closed for work & heating noisy in the bedroom plus housekeeping called at 8:45 to clean the room. Having said all this we would definitely recommend & would stay again.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tina O Sullivan, Other at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2022

Dear Paul m,
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.
All your comments have been noted as we continually strive to do our best for our guests and we are delighted that you would definitely recommend us and stay again.
kind regards

Reviewed 30 March 2022

Kintia the Very professional manager in the restaurant was very helpful and friendly.
We look forward to dining in the restaurant again. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to the shops and the beach.

Date of stay: February 2022
Tina O Sullivan, Other at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2022

Dear 855eleanors,

Thank you for your 5 star review which I will pass on to Kintija and the team. I am delighted you enjoyed your time here and hope we get the opportunity to welcome you here again in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 24 March 2022 via mobile

I want to preface this review by mentioning that I used to stay at this hotel quite regularly, but haven't been in well over ten years. Therefore it's safe to say my expectations were reasonable, and they were sorely disappointed

I had a very disappointing two night stay at The Grand in March. So much was wrong with the trip that I have had to put it down to an overall culture of carelessness in the hotel; lest the reader think I'm picking on one department.

I'd spent the week travelling around the country , and my other stays were in 4 star hotels, where everyone was wearing masks. I found it strange that not one member of staff was wearing a mask in The Grand- not even those serving food. That was my first surprise. I was also disappointed to find the disabled parking spots are just about the furthest end of the car park away from reception. I mentioned this to Jennifer when checking in and she said that's just the layout'. No explanation, no thought, no consideration? Just -that's the way it is. Not ideal for people with reduced mobility to have to park further away
This attitude of careless complacency continued during check in, which I had to queue some the for, and I was very tired following a long drive. Being that I'd pre-booked and provided credit card details on the website to do so, I was surprised at the insistence of the receptionist that I needed to pay upfront. I stated I was very tired, I'd had to stand queuing for check in and I would pay on checkout as normal, but she insisted I would not be able to access my room until I'd paid in full. I found this strange and I believe this interaction probably coloured my view from the start. I paid and was given the key to my room, with no instructions on directions, breakfast or dinner times, or use of the spa. Hopeless! I assumed details would be in my room. Unfortunately, they were not, and what greeted me in my room was a real.shock. a dirty bedspread- marks that looked like dried blood or food? No welcome letter or details on the use of hotel facilities, no room service available. The door to the room literally looked like it had recently been kicked in, the varnish was so scuffed and battered, the dust was sitting thick on the windowsill and around TV. The last straw was when I turned over a mug and discovered it was used/ unclean. I returned to reception ready to check out again, but was told my payment had already gone through so a manager would help me find a better room. I wasn't really satisfied with this, and if they hadn't taken payment already (and refused to refund), I would have left right then. Eventually I was taken back up to the adjacent room and offered a glass of wine for my trouble. (A glass! How cheap!) At this point it had been well over an hour since I arrived at the hotel and I was running late for my next engagement so I let that slide. This second room was also very tired, ripped pillowcases, scuffed woodwork, absolutely STANK of smoke, a tiny, grimy little bath, again no details on the hotels facilities or even a list of opening times for the bar and restaurant (I had to Google this). At least this room had clean mugs and an extra blanket , which next door didn't.
The next day my room wasn't serviced during the time I was out (8.30am-3pm), which I thought was again, disappointing. I simply needed fresh towels and mugs, which I went to reception to ask for. Manager offered me some chocolate, which was very nice, but once again, a rather poor gesture I feel, why not just do the thing right in the first place? The food in the restaurant was excellent but the ladies toilets downstairs were like a service station facility - absolutely filthy and smelly. There was also the remains of someone's takeaway (food cartons and food detritus) sitting on the windowsill in the main first floor hallway the entire day Saturday -from I went down to breakfast until I went down for dinner- I refuse to believe that not a single member of staff passed by that area in 8-9hours? Again, just pure carelessness. As I got into bed that night, I noticed the dust was so thick around the lamp, I could write my name in it. How does that happen in a time when every room is 'deep cleaned' after each stay? It clearly isn't, just pure carelessness. I raised all these points at reception and was simply told ' we're at full capacity today'. Well, surely that's the aim? Don't you plan to be full and run efficiently? It was just such a throwaway comment, again, no apologies, just an attitude of indifference.
When I checked out (again long wait) I asked to speak to a manager and raised all these points. I was so fed up with the entire weekend stay, I just wanted out of the place, so I didn't bother with breakfast, and I would have expected it be refunded to me, but of course they couldn't do that, as I'd already paid in full. I was promised an email apology and a voucher for another stay, but that didn't arrive either. I really feel cheated as at €150 a night pp, I know I could have got better service. Really poor

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank PJZtravels

Dear Pjztravels,
Myself and the entire team here were very disappointed to read your wholly inaccurate account of your stay with us.

As the team here really do wholeheartedly try to go that extra mile for all our guests, it is difficult to read such a factually incorrect review.

I could go on about the fact that the disabled parking spaces are of course not furthest from the entrances, or say that you neglected to mention that your room wasn't serviced because you had hung the do not disturb sign on the door, which you completely accepted when nicely pointed out to by our team on the day, before they got accommodation to immediately service the room, but I don't feel there is any point as there are plenty of other factually correct reviews on Tripadvisor which I feel more accurately reflect the Hotel.
Kind regards

Reviewed 23 March 2022 via mobile

As a group coming up for the rugby from Cork and over from Macduff this was the perfect location, far enough from the city but close enough to get to the match.
Reception welcome was perfect, room great along with the views. Bed and facilities great.
Couldn’t compliment all the staff for friendliness, work ethics with unfortunately thee was a lack of them sometimes, bar area serving food and beverages.
Breakfast second to none.
Would recommend this place with no hesitation and hopefully in 2 years time we will return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Kevin D
Thank you for your 5 star review, I'm delighted you felt the hotel was perfect and would have no hesitation in recommending The Grand. We will look forward to welcoming you here again for the rugby in 2 years.
kind regards

Reviewed 12 March 2022 via mobile

Large family and friend group, thanks to Jen for the degree of sensitivity, patience and professionalism that the exhibited from start to end, a great ambassador for the hotel.The room overlooking the sea was just perfect as too was the food which was first rate. Superb table service. Couldn't fault this hotel nor recommend it highly enough.It really is 5 star plus.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rimbaud11
Tina O Sullivan, Other at Grand Hotel Malahide, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2022

Dear Rimbaud11,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review which I will pass on to Jen and all of the team here.
I'm delighted to hear that you couldn't fault the hotel and hope we get the opportunity to welcome you here again soon.

Kind regards