“Lunch”
Review of Bon Appetit

Bon Appetit
Reserve with OpenTable
Bon Appetit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 58 Restaurants in Malahide
Price range: US$17 - US$57
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Bon Appetit is synonymous with good food! Located in a classy Georgian Townhouse in the popular costal village of Malahide, just north of Dublin City Centre with close proximity to Dublin Airport; Bon Appetit offers a unique dining experience with a centre of culinary education in the form of Oliver Dunne's Cookery Masterclasses. Diners have a choice of...Bon Appetit, our newly renovated, contemporary and stylish restaurant located on the lower ground floor and our chic Wine and Tapas Bar, located on the ground floor. Bon Appetit also has two Private Dining Rooms, located on the first floor of the building, which are available for Weddings and Private and Corporate Parties for up to 60 guests. Our Private Rooms are available on request during Lunch and Dinner, 7 Days a Week
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely little restaurant which was very busy when we visited. We enjoyed a tosted pennini which was served with salad and crisps and was reasonable priced. A little gem.

Date of visit: September 2018
Graham D, General Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Hi Eveleen,

Many thanks for the feedback but I think you may have us mixed up with another Bon Appeit that I believe is situated down the south of Ireland. Glad you enjoyed it all the same!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Have been to most restaurants in Malahide and found this one exceptional value for money @ a mere €17!for an early bird starter & maincourse you will not go wrong,now for the best part the food,i had the yellow fin tuna which was devine and so fresh while my partner had the parma ham & mozzarella bruchetta which again was full of flavour,for mains i opted for the fillet of hake with mussels which again didn't dissappoint packed full of flavour while my partner had the pappardelle pasta with wild mushrooms in parmesan cream & again didn't dissappoint,we we're so impressed with quality of food we both went in for desert and so glad we did,i had the sticky bannana and walnut pudding with vanilla ice cream which was fantastic and my other half went for the baked Amalfi lemon tart which also went down a treat,overall a great experience from great food to great service.Also to note they have a great 5 course tasting menu just started @ just €30 per person which again is serious value for money.Take my advice and just go to this wonderful restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018

Hi There,

Wow, thanks so much! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on a recent visit to Bon Appetit. The chef will be more than happy to read your wonderful comments. At €17 for 2 courses you cannot go wrong with our outstanding Early Bird. Why not try the great value Tasting Menu for €30 next time you join us?
See you soon and thanks again.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Went here for dinner in the basement restaurant food was excellent wine very nice service excellent would reccomend

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I visited Bon Appetite on Saturday Sept 22nd at 17 30pm. We were a party of 6 and booked the tapas menu. One of our party was not feeling well and asked to order something from the A la Carte menu and this was refused. We all ordered from the tapas and found that the food was either tasteless or over spiced. The only good part was the salt and chocolate profiteroles. Then the best part was charging 1 50 per person for filtered water whether you drank it or not.Bon Appetite will be a place I will not return to. There are much better places to eat in Malahide.

Date of visit: September 2018
Graham D, General Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hi Aine,

Many thanks for the feedback. I was most disappointed to read about your experience last weekend. I can assure you that is not the usual standard of service in Bon Appetit and certainly will not be tolerated. We never have a problem offering A La Carte in the Tapas Bar as we aim to please all our customers so rest assured all staff will be spoken to about this matter. All I can do is offer my sincere apologies and hope one day you will give us a second chance to redeem ourselves. If you would like to talk to a member of management directly please email info@bonappetit.ie and mention this review.
Thanks again as all feedback proves extremely valuable to our restaurant.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Dined here last Tue with my wife, little bit unsure as what to expect as had a bad experience some time ago, but have to say it was one of the best meals we have had in a long time and excellent value.
Two course early bird @e17 has to be best priced early bird in the country.
Great choice of staters,
I had yellow fin tuna, excellent.. tasty & well presented. My wife being a vegetarian was offered a goats cheese salad, beautifully presented and very tasty also.
Homemade sour dough was very good, so good we asked to buy some to take home, they baked some for us specially and then would not accept any payment.
Mains lived up to the starters, free range chicken for me & Hake for my wife.
Both excellent dishes.
Desserts are a priced at a very reasonable price of e6, and this includes cheese plate, other restaurants should take note, my pet hate being charged a supplement for Cheese.
Wine very good, Not too high a mark up, nice touch with the unlimited still or sparkling water for a charge of e1.50pp.
Overall a very enjoyable experience, will definitely return and have already been singing it's praises!!
Staff were very friendly and attentive and by time we were leaving at 8pm, it was getting busy .
I'd suggest booking in advance.

Hi Steve,

Wow what can I say, you said it all! We here at Bon Appetit are delighted you had a really fantastic time recently. I will be sure to pass on your kind words detailing every bit of fine food you had to the chef and all his team!
Thanks again for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon:)