“Tapas menu”
Review of Bon Appetit

Bon Appetit
Reserve with OpenTable
Bon Appetit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 58 Restaurants in Malahide
Price range: US$17 - US$57
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Bon Appetit is synonymous with good food! Located in a classy Georgian Townhouse in the popular costal village of Malahide, just north of Dublin City Centre with close proximity to Dublin Airport; Bon Appetit offers a unique dining experience with a centre of culinary education in the form of Oliver Dunne's Cookery Masterclasses. Diners have a choice of...Bon Appetit, our newly renovated, contemporary and stylish restaurant located on the lower ground floor and our chic Wine and Tapas Bar, located on the ground floor. Bon Appetit also has two Private Dining Rooms, located on the first floor of the building, which are available for Weddings and Private and Corporate Parties for up to 60 guests. Our Private Rooms are available on request during Lunch and Dinner, 7 Days a Week
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I visited Bon Appetite on Saturday Sept 22nd at 17 30pm. We were a party of 6 and booked the tapas menu. One of our party was not feeling well and asked to order something from the A la Carte menu and this was refused. We all ordered from the tapas and found that the food was either tasteless or over spiced. The only good part was the salt and chocolate profiteroles. Then the best part was charging 1 50 per person for filtered water whether you drank it or not.Bon Appetite will be a place I will not return to. There are much better places to eat in Malahide.

Graham D, General Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hi Aine,

Many thanks for the feedback. I was most disappointed to read about your experience last weekend. I can assure you that is not the usual standard of service in Bon Appetit and certainly will not be tolerated. We never have a problem offering A La Carte in the Tapas Bar as we aim to please all our customers so rest assured all staff will be spoken to about this matter. All I can do is offer my sincere apologies and hope one day you will give us a second chance to redeem ourselves. If you would like to talk to a member of management directly please email info@bonappetit.ie and mention this review.
Thanks again as all feedback proves extremely valuable to our restaurant.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Dined here last Tue with my wife, little bit unsure as what to expect as had a bad experience some time ago, but have to say it was one of the best meals we have had in a long time and excellent value.
Two course early bird @e17 has to be best priced early bird in the country.
Great choice of staters,
I had yellow fin tuna, excellent.. tasty & well presented. My wife being a vegetarian was offered a goats cheese salad, beautifully presented and very tasty also.
Homemade sour dough was very good, so good we asked to buy some to take home, they baked some for us specially and then would not accept any payment.
Mains lived up to the starters, free range chicken for me & Hake for my wife.
Both excellent dishes.
Desserts are a priced at a very reasonable price of e6, and this includes cheese plate, other restaurants should take note, my pet hate being charged a supplement for Cheese.
Wine very good, Not too high a mark up, nice touch with the unlimited still or sparkling water for a charge of e1.50pp.
Overall a very enjoyable experience, will definitely return and have already been singing it's praises!!
Staff were very friendly and attentive and by time we were leaving at 8pm, it was getting busy .
I'd suggest booking in advance.

Hi Steve,

Wow what can I say, you said it all! We here at Bon Appetit are delighted you had a really fantastic time recently. I will be sure to pass on your kind words detailing every bit of fine food you had to the chef and all his team!
Thanks again for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon:)

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

What a great little find! First of all be careful about parking on the street where the restaurant is. It’s very narrow and there is no turn around. I would recommend parking on the main street. That being said once you’re in the restaurant it is great! The staff is courteous and helpful. The food was outstanding! It has The feel of an old home with the first floor being a bar and downstairs hosting a restaurant. Our meals were delicious. You won’t go wrong here.

Hey Annie,

Many thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you had a fantastic time in Bon Appetit recently. Our ground floor bar is home to Bon Appetit Tapas Bar, with 2 party rooms on the 1st floor and our fab restaurant on the lower grounbd floor so there really is something for everyone. Dont forget our sister restaurant Beef & Lobster has opened just around the corner on Townyard Lane so why not give it a try next time and yes Beware of the Parking!!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Had the most delicious meal here the other night. As a group of 4 we booked a table for Monday evening, and when we arrived the place was buzzing. I had the Goats cheese mousse to start and it was presented so beautifully! For mains - the fillet of hake, cooked to perfection and served on a bed of potato gnocchi, with a rich sauce; just the perfect amount.
The service was also amazing; a special mention to our Italian waiter who was so chatty and attentive at all times.
I would most certainly recommend this place, the quality is outstanding, already looking forward to my next visit.

Hi Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this very fabulous feedback. We here at Bon Appetit are delighted you enjoyed our "Marvellous Mondays" recently. At 50% off all food and wine sure whats not to love!!! I will of course be passing on your kind comments to all the team especially our fine Italian waiter :)
Thanks again for the recommendation and dont forget to tell all you friends!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Four of us (2 adults and two teenagers) had brunch at Bon Appetit on Sunday last. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The table was booked for 11.30am and we were the first customers to arrive. The service was friendly and the "bottomless brunch" option well-explained. As I wasn't the designated driver I opted for this - basically for €16 extra one can have "bottomless" mimosas or bellinis. Seemed a good idea at the time but for €16 one feels that it is necessary to have a few of the cocktails - not such a good idea at midday! The choices on the brunch menu are outstanding and it really was difficult to decide. However a friend had mentioned to me a few days earlier that the fried buttermilk chicken with waffles is particularly good so I opted for that. He wasn't wrong, it was truly delicious. Our party included 2 vegetarians - one opted for the smashed avocado on toast with poached egg (this is usually accompanied by bacon for non-vegetarians). The other opted for the mushrooms on toasted sourdough bread. The final member of our group had the pancakes. All of us had dessert as well - 2 had the apple crumble and 2 the salted caramel profiteroles. All plates were scraped clean and we left very happy customers. Brunch at Bon Appetit will be a more regular occurrence for me as I live relatively nearby.

Graham D, General Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hi There,

Many thanks for the fabulous feedback. I was delighted to read you had a most enjoyable brunch with us recently in Bon Appetit. The Buttermilk Chicken & Waffles is certainly a fan fave at the moment. Glad your vegetarian friends were impressed too. I will be passing on your kind words to all the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Thanks again.