1,427 results
All reviews jameson bar links course irish sea new wing garden view deluxe room lovely hotel dublin airport beautiful room short break bar food a lovely stay dart station family room malahide ireland osborne
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

Just had a brilliant 3 night stay in the Portmarnock Hotel. Our room was light very spacious and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly the food was amazing we dined in the 1780 restaurant on our first night. Breakfast service was exceptional as it was very busy on Sunday morning but the staff worked very hard to seat a serve everyone with ease. Location wise is great with lovely beach walks and close enough to explore Howth and Malahide. Cant wait to revisit.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

We have visited this hotel many times over the last few years but haven't been since 2011. It has changed a bit, is much more modern and on the whole the service was good. We had 3 double rooms B&B for 2 nights with garden views and paid £240 per room although our room had a view of the back of the wall! Room 329. We had dinner on the first night but a bit disappointed to be in the lounge area rather than the formal dining area. It felt odd but the food and service were good. The 2nd night we ate out and returned to the hotel for drinks. Live music in the bar and generally good service from the very polite and lovely waiters although it is a bit slow when the bar is busy. A lovely stay with good friends.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Stayed here whilst on a business trip with 3 colleagues , hotel has a lovely location overlooking the water , the hotel is quite large but very welcoming .
Check in was very professional and quick , plenty of parking although this is chargeable .
Rooms are spacious and very clean , the bar area has lots of character and plenty of staff .
We choose to eat in the bar area the food from the bar is of a good quality , we never ate in the restaurant so i can not comment
Room rates are very reasonable and the WiFi is free .
I would think a bit expensive if you were to travel into Dublin centre by taxi , but its very convenient for the airport .
I would recommend this hotel 100 % and will return

Room Tip: Would ask to face the golf course overlooking to the water it's lovely in the mornings !
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

First time in Portmarnock was I was blown away by how amazing the hotel is!
Beautiful room which had a welcome box of chocolates and birthday message for my partner, large bathroom, comfortable seating area, and spectacular views over the golf course.
The hotel is beautifully decorated top to toe, we had spa treatments whilst there, and I had the best massage of my life by a wonderful therapist (blonde hair) who’s name I have sadly forgotten. She was so knowledgeable and clearly was an expert at her profession.
We dined in the bar area that night,I had thee nicest steak! Good atmosphere and cosy. Breakfast was 5*
The only thing letting them down is the lack of the pool, but I promise you’ll still have the best time regardless as there’s so much to see and do.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I recently visited the hotel with my husband. It was my first time staying here and I will definitely be back.

Our room was nicely decorated, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Our room was down as a sea view but there were quite a few bushes in our way which restricted the view slightly.

Breakfast was delicious. Everything in the buffet was fresh and warm. The staff were more than happy to bring down boiled eggs when I asked for them.

The purpose of our visit was to attend an ireland rugby match. We got the dart into Dublin which was hassle free. The station is only about a 5 minute drive from the hotel and it took about half an hour to get to lansdown road. Would recommend staying here if you want a relaxing hotel outside of the city centre.