1,346 results
All reviews kids club seaweed bath spa treatments bouncy castle family entertainment course dinner swimming pool food was lovely breakfast and dinner relaxing break both mornings leisure facilities family holiday two night stay staff were lovely last weekend sea view
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel trip for us both and I have to be honest I didn’t even look it up beforehand! So if you are like me you’ll be really surprised to find that it this is a family hotel. I have a son so didn’t mind all the kids running around the place but just be aware that if you go here it’s not for couples looking for a quiet break. I did enjoy the noise though! The kids at breakfast and dinner were very entertaining. Vegan options were provided for breakfast and dinner which was great because there isn’t many vegan options in Bundoran otherwise. It’s right beside all the attractions which is brilliant. The staff on reception are lovely. Rooms are decent, big bathroom. Just a couple of small things. The pool in the leisure centre is freezing. Getting in and staying in was a struggle! The changing rooms were a bit scruffy. A couple of the waitresses in the restaurant were a little bit grumpy. Now I know having to accommodate vegans can be a pain in the bum but being made feel that way makes me a bit uncomfortable. It was more an issue at dinner and the second morning at breakfast, the waitress the first morning was very cheerful. Aside from that we had a lovely time and would love to come back sometime with our son because there seems to be tons for kids to do.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
ManagementHH, General Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear MelCon21, we really appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us . I am so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your break.During the summer holidays and at other school holiday times we operate a fabulous kids club. At other times we offer leisure & spa breaks.I will pass your comments onto the team with regard to the service you received in the restaurant and the leisure center. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holyrood in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my sister in June 2018. Very enjoyable stay food was fantastic staff where very helpful and the health suite was very well equiped.Bedrooms spotless the only thing I didn't like was on arruval I found the receptionist quite abrupt which is not good as first impressions last and also they need to change the carpet in the foyey very old and worn. Overall a very pleasant stay and would return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Annette W, Thank you for choosing to visit us and for taking the time to provide a review of your experience. I am delighted you and your sister overall enjoyed your stay. I am sorry if you found our receptionist abrupt, I can assure you that is not the usual manner of our reception staff. Our lobby carpet is traditional in style an axminster carpet designed and woven specially for The Holyrood. The carpet was laid 2 years ago. I am not aware of any area of the carpet being worn. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Highly recomend this fantastic hotel.food was excellent and even though place packed service was first class.Went on a package deal and from check in to home time staff and facilities brilliant.Had the massage lovely and Craic was good.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Thomas C, Thank you for choosing to visit us and for taking the time to provide a review of your experience at our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel again the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived last week for a couple of nights there was a issue with our room but the sarena on reception was very good and did everything she could to resolve it, it says alot about a hotel the staff! The girls in the bar and restaurant were brillant so friendly, the pool was nice could be a little warmer the hot tub wasn't working when we were there but there is one there.
The kids club was really good the little show in reception at night was my kids highlights!
The food was really nice 2 both in the bar and restaurant

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Annbana, I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Holyrood Hotel . Providing friendly, attentive service and offering good quality food are top priorities for us so I’m thrilled that our efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I cannot recommend this place enough my family and i stayed for 7 nights and from we arrived to we left nothing was too much for any member of staff from the reception staff,cleaning staff,kids club staff and bar staff. I most definatley will be back i had 4 kids with me and the kids club was nxt to none and started from 9 am with a break from 12 to 3 then back until 11:15 if u wanted the kids were well entertained everyday doin different things. We had are breakfast and evening meal everyday in the restaurant which was top class.the rooms were very spacious and cleaned every morning. There is a funfair and water world round thr corner but to be honest the kids had so much to do everyday in swimmjng in tge hotel we didnt go to waterworld as it is very expensive. There is plenty of shops eaterys and amusment arcades to amuse the big and wee kids. Looking forward to are return visit to it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Aine T, we really appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us . I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your break. I will pass your kind comments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holyrood in the future.

Sincerely