1,367 results
All reviews kids club seaweed bath spa treatments bouncy castle family entertainment course dinner food was lovely family break breakfast and dinner leisure facilities both mornings two night stay sea view staff were lovely from start to finish waiting staff enjoyable stay
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed on s
Easter sunday til the tuesday. Its the first time iv ever stayed here. As i was looking a relaxing break away with my partner that had a spa ect and was told about here and im glad they did. We got a really good deal was so cheap they have loads of offers on an also for familys aswell. The room wee stayed in was beautiful the beds and everything were comfortable and i find it hard to find a comfy bed anywhere i go but this one was. The food was really nice and all the staff where so friendly and helpful. I seen on one of the nights the cater to familys and kids also. Loads of stuff on and i really liked that so will come again also because of that because iv kids of my own. I loved i could still go away and have a relaxing time with my partner and very little noise what so ever where we were. I dont think u will find anywhere like this place that wont cost a fortune its everything you need and more.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ManagementHH, Guest Relations Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Michelle,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and great review. We are delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holyrood. We are very proud of the staff here at the hotel and I will pass on your comments.
Please keep and eye on our facebook page for more great offers and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A great hotel,so much for children and the family to do from kids club to nightly entertainment,the staff are friendly and the food was just gorgeous from the restaurant,only down side was the pool was a bit chilly it's a shame because my children loved it and loved the fact it had the children's pool as well as the adult pool

Trip type: Travelled with family
ManagementHH, Guest Relations Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear elaineellieBuncrana,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and all that the hotel has to offer from the delicious food to the amazing kids club. I will take your comments on board and investigate the temperature in further detail.
We do hope you will return for a visit in the future and please keep a look out for some amazing deals on our facebook page.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Front desk staff were welcoming and delightful. Kids Club was open for the holiday...several families were participating so that’s a plus. Bar staff were below par. Couldn’t get served until a local made note of fact we had been there well before her. Asked for food menu and again couldn’t get bar keep to take order despite fact bar wasn’t busy with 3 male servers plus a female runner. No desire to return to this area ever again.

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank wilessmithj

Hello wilessmithj,

I am really disappointed to read your review as this is not the usual standard of service and hospitality that the Holyrood offers. We are known for our friendly and hard working staff and I can only apologise for the experience you had in the Waterfront Bar. I will be bringing these comments to the attention of all staff at our weekly head of department meeting in order to resolve the issues displayed to you.
I would like to ask you to return to the hotel at some stage in the future so we can provide you with the stay that everyone deserves. Please ask for myself directly when making the booking and I will personally organise your stay with us. Again I do apologise and would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the Reception staff and the Kids Club.

Audrey

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great place. Friendly staff.
Food was nice.
Family room was nice and clean.
Walk in shower was nice BUT hardly any pressure very hard to get the soap out of your hair. Could do with a shelf & hooks for your towels.. Easy parking.
Will definitely come back

Hello,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us here at the Holyrood Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your kind comments onto the team. I will take your comments on board and try to improve where we can.
We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future so keep an eye on our facebook page for some amazing offers.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Im shock at how the standards of this hotel have went so downhill. Disgusted and disappointed that we paid in total 444 euro to stay here. Its been a few years from ive stayed and will never be back. Room 163 was a disgrace. A random camper bed in the room which meant little space. A cupboard that could not be opened. Shower freezing 1st time we used it, then boiling every time at that even at lowest temperature you couldnt stand under it. No working light on in bathroom on last night though this was fixed eventually next day though the porter just left the empty bulb box lying in the bathroom. Staff at reception were more than helpful and friendly as was owner. However night porter matthew was so rude. I understand you can only let residents in but we had a friend waiting on a taxi while there was a big fight outside on friday night and he closed the door and refused to let her wait in the hallway. Reataurant was so poor, breakfast was awful. Why you have items on the made to order section that are actually at the buffet. On 1st evening a group of lads were shouting vulgar talk at us leaving hotel And one of them spat on us. The leisure facilities were at the end of a long list of disapointments. The jacuzzi had sand in it. The changing rooms were filthy. Maintenance signs up but very little sign of any maintance taking place. No working lockers, hairdryers and only one working shower. Bad sewarge smell at reception area and down corridors.

On St Patricks night we were sitting in reception area a group of young lads were a bit drunk but harmless/quiet- the manager tried to put them to bed . The lad accidentally tapped against one of Egyptian figures at side of door. It fell off the wall and broke- clearly it had been broken before and glued back up. The lads tried to hide their accident which of course was stupid but when Matthew found out what they had done - he took a lot of cash off the boys for this breakage. Clearly young and naive to hand it over.

Bundoran has really went downhill in general . I was shocked at how much a town can change (for the worse) in a few years - appeals now to young underage drinkers. Not a sight of St Patricks Day around apart from a very small parade.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank fran_156
ManagementHH, Guest Relations Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear fran_156,

I am in shock to read your review. Room 163 is one of the newly decorated room with absolutely nothing wrong as I went up myself after receiving this review to investigate the matter. The room is newly papered, furnished and clean with a beautiful view of the sea. Yes in some rooms where there are a certain number of people entering extra beds are allocated however if you did not need this bed you should have rang reception and they would have removed it immediately for you and this would have given you the space in the room that you required? Small issues such as a light bulb can happen and therefore once reported it is fixed and there is nothing we can do to prevent something small like this happening only apologise dearly to you.
With it being such a busy weekend we have to take the guests health & safety into account so we can therefore not let every random person from the street into the hotel and especially on such a busy weekend where the number of people is much larger than usual. If you let one non guest in where is the limit. Unfortunately there was damage to the premises however this was dealt with separately and the young man knew the damage that was caused and this cannot be just ignored.

I am very disappointed that you are painting a dark picture of Bundoran as this is not generally the case and it is unfortunate you had to witness the few events that you did. We would like to welcome you back in the future, perhaps at a less busier time so that you can enjoy a relaxing getaway without all the busy buzz at this time of year.

Again for the smaller issues during your stay we apologise and hope to see you at some stage in the future.