“Lobster and sunset”

Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Bundoran
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Stumbled across this place on our honeymoon, had a most specials dinner at sunset, oir waitress was lovely, courteous and a hard worker (my hubby thinks there were two? Maybe sisters?) anyway both were very nice, quick and smiley despite the obvious pressure.

Food was amazing!! Didn't know what to expect from menu, and a real mix of ages/types in the restaurant that night. Himself got the goats cheese starter (he always gets the goat cheese starter) anyway twas really good! Maybe best 'goats cheese starter' ever!!!!! Twas the best lobster Thermidor I ever had (twas my first time ever having it tho) loved the chefs dark sauce (seseme and soy?! A sweet sticky kind of sauce) that came with it. The lobster were there in a tank but I didn't have to choose one thankfully!

Beautiful sunset could be enjoyed from any table, we had a window seat but any table would be good. A nice long walk along the rock pools/beach/cliffs before or after dinner would be niv
ce. Spin on the big wheel optional.

Would recommend to anyone! Families with young kids, grandparents, fine diners, pub grub enthusiasts and so on. Something for everyone here for a special meal.

Twas busy on a Tuesday night I'd say you'd have to book ahead to be safe, especially at weekends.

2  Thank hungryEnnis

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Me & my partner ate in here Sunday 30th July. We were please we chose this restaurant as we were celebrating his birthday. Beautiful place with breathtaking views. Staff were friendly & gave us a lovely table in the corner by the big glass windows. We sat for quite a while as the atmosphere was relaxed & not feeling like they needed the table to turnover. We went straight to main course as we wanted a dessert... both had the Cock & Bull med-rare.. the steaks were cooked more med-well but non the less it was still amazing. The best we've ever had. My partner had an Irish coffee as we were full from main course. It was first class also. We will definitely return & tell family & friends about this wee hidden gem!!

3  Thank BroAndy25
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

First class meal had scallops for starter then fillet steak everything cooked to perfection desert was delicious and the views were stunning couldn't fault a thing about staff or food will definitely return

2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

By far the best meal I have had in a long time ..had the cock and bull for a main chicken and fillet steak was tender and cooked to perfection .. scallops for starter were mouth watering. Restaurant is a credit to the owner and staff were very friendly and helpful..will definitely be visiting again

3  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Amazing view but can't say the same for the food unfortunately. The steak was perfect if our side dishes hadn't taken so long to arrive , and luke warm when they finally did. I like my food altogether and not arrive when I'm almost finished.
Our deserts however were worth waiting for.