TurfnSurf Lodge & Surf School
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$195
US$162
Tara Hotel(Killybegs)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$79
Bay View Hotel(Killybegs)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$70
Fitzgerald's Hotel(Bundoran)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsweekend tripgreat weekendintermediate levelwet suitsgreat craicshuttle busfriday eveningthanks guyscant waitkillianbeginnersinstructorlessonhostelwetsuitsaccommodationireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Myself N few friends wanted to do something different for the NYE so we decided to try surf. We decided at the very last minute, but the owner helped us to organize all very well N welcome us in a very friendly way when we arrived up in Donegal.
I did 2 surfing lesson with Barry, was my first time, it was absolutely an outstanding experience. Teachers are very helpful, friendly & willing to share with U their experience.

Thanks guys for a very amazing New Year Eve.
Can t wait to b back !!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fede B
Reviewed 22 November 2016

The location was peaceful and gorgeous! With a window view onto the mountain, which surprisingly was covered in snow.
Our arrival on Friday evening was quite late, however we were warmly welcomed and given a key to our house for the weekend.The house had three bedrooms, kitchen, living room and few bathrooms. Perfect for a group of 7/8. We received a good variety of food options for breakfast time, this included cereal, breads and digestives, along with jam and butter.
The house was spotless, with two towels on each bed. The beds were very comfortable and we had good two night sleeps.
Wardrobes were huge which would be very beneficial for a longer stay. And overall the house was spacious and comfortable.
The surfing was incredible, coached by enthusiastic, chill but experienced people which were able to give one on one guidance to all levels of surfing. The sessions were educational and again the location made the whole experience magical, just beautiful!
All transport was provided to the surfing lessons and back to home, and the overall program was well organised and great fun. I would defiantly come back.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Roksana D
Reviewed 25 October 2016

An amazing corner of the country to visit... their weekend shuttle bus from Dublin is the perfect way to escape the city and experience surfing in Ireland. The staff are always super friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. They will ensure you have a great time surfing and great weekend overall in Bundoran. Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank sebcaldwell
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

We visited Donegal at the end of August and we booked an accommodation for the 9 of us with TurfnSurf. The place was really nice and very comfy. We had a kitchen to prepare meals if we wanted a nice living room to chill and several bathrooms.

We also booked one day of surfing and even though there were not that big waves that day, we were pleased with the lessons that we received.

I would recommend for anyone how wants to spend some time in this part of the country.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Raluca M
Reviewed 1 September 2016

6 years ago, I randomly booked my first surf-lesson with Turf&surf. Upon our arrival on Friday evening, the staff were good craic, helpful and hospitable. They showed us our rooms, pointed us to local restaurants and bars. The Lodge is located conveniently right at the seafront overlooking Bundoran bay, which has a splendid view, specially for a sunset watching! Rooms are bright and clean. Good start of a great weekend!

On Saturday morning,we all woke up with a mild hungover, had a breakfast in the Lodge and off we went for our first lesson to Rossnowlagh beach.
I never surfer before, but I stood up on my first wave and that was it for me, I found my new addiction...
I came back next month, bought wetsuit and board. Season later I bought a car and started coming up every weekend.
I progressed from my minimal to surfing shortboards, from mellow beachies to punchy reef-breaks. I went on few surf-trips to Indonesia, Australia and around Europe.
Surfing became part of my life as much as...eating or sleeping.

Over the years, the staff in Turf& Surf became my good friends and I got to know many interesting people staying in the Lodge too.

Seeing, how much fun weekend away from Dublin can be, I organised few weekends trips for my colleagues at work. We would have anything between 10 to 50 people joining us and Turf&surf were always able to make sure the weekend was a success. My colleagues were leaving happy, surfed out and looking forward for next trip.

To sum up, I would recommend Turf&Surf to anyone, whether you are looking for a beginner/intermediate weekend away with a group of friends, family surf lesson or a place to stay on your surf-hunt for Winter swells.

T&S are very accommodating and you might leave with an addiction to ocean and few new friends :)

Room Tip: Best view: front rooms. Cheapest: hostel room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends