“Get addicted to surfing and make new friends :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TurfnSurf Lodge & Surf School

TurfnSurf Lodge & Surf School
Dublin, Ireland
“Get addicted to surfing and make new friends :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2016

6 years ago, I randomly booked my first surf-lesson with Turf&surf. Upon our arrival on Friday evening, the staff were good craic, helpful and hospitable. They showed us our rooms, pointed us to local restaurants and bars. The Lodge is located conveniently right at the seafront overlooking Bundoran bay, which has a splendid view, specially for a sunset watching! Rooms are bright and clean. Good start of a great weekend!

On Saturday morning,we all woke up with a mild hungover, had a breakfast in the Lodge and off we went for our first lesson to Rossnowlagh beach.
I never surfer before, but I stood up on my first wave and that was it for me, I found my new addiction...
I came back next month, bought wetsuit and board. Season later I bought a car and started coming up every weekend.
I progressed from my minimal to surfing shortboards, from mellow beachies to punchy reef-breaks. I went on few surf-trips to Indonesia, Australia and around Europe.
Surfing became part of my life as much as...eating or sleeping.

Over the years, the staff in Turf& Surf became my good friends and I got to know many interesting people staying in the Lodge too.

Seeing, how much fun weekend away from Dublin can be, I organised few weekends trips for my colleagues at work. We would have anything between 10 to 50 people joining us and Turf&surf were always able to make sure the weekend was a success. My colleagues were leaving happy, surfed out and looking forward for next trip.

To sum up, I would recommend Turf&Surf to anyone, whether you are looking for a beginner/intermediate weekend away with a group of friends, family surf lesson or a place to stay on your surf-hunt for Winter swells.

T&S are very accommodating and you might leave with an addiction to ocean and few new friends :)

Room Tip: Best view: front rooms. Cheapest: hostel room.
  • Stayed September 2016, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank VeronikaKis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2016

It was a great weekend.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. There were 9 of us we've got a house just for us. The house was big enough, very nice tidy and clean, also the mattress and pillow very comfy.

On Saturday night they organized a BBQ with a dj, it was great craic.

The instructor for paddel boarding was Nathan, good instructor and a friendly guy.

100% recommendable

Rooms
1 Thank Alexandra R
Giessen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2016

My fav surfing school in Ireland!
Very convenient, great instructors, facilities - I have been already 4 times on weekend packages from Dublin and planning to do more! Fits for beginners and intermediate level surfers.

Sleep Quality
2 Thank Ninovino
Argenteuil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2016

We at 8 people for 2 bedrooms: 1 private and the other shared. We were all delighted by the stay! It's a family business and we can feel it since we are always warmly welcomed and helped.

Bundoran is an amazing town and staying here was even better :)

Rooms
2 Thank Pierre-aY
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Great staff, well organised, great fun! Joined the long weekend getaway by my self. Awesome to have a bus that picks you up from Dublin, makes it so easy to go along. Met some awesome people as well, will defo go again. Thank you for a great weekend!

Stayed August 2016, travelled solo
3 Thank Maiju S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundoran
0.8 km away
0.4 km away
Zephyr Lodge
Zephyr Lodge
#2 of 12 in Bundoran

Been to TurfnSurf Lodge & Surf School? Share your experiences!