“Been there but first time I done this”

and 1 more site!
TurfnSurf Lodge & Surf School
Reviewed 18 November 2015

First time I ventured into this establishment and was very glad, I did. I booked a kayak trip for us all. Can't fault this or the guy who took us (although hope I'm forgiven for not remembering) was that good we even went and bought a kayak so we can go when ever we want.
We went out as a group with others but we all received the same amount of attention and help, altogether a very informative adventure it was appealing of fun.
NOT TO BE MISSED

Room Tip: More of a hostel.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank CATHERINE196648

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Stayed with TurfnSurf for a weekend on the "Beach tour" - perfect start to finish. Transport from Dublin and back was effortless, wine reception the first evening a nice extra. All of the staff were super nice, helpful and always up for a chat.

Stay - a comfy, clean 6 bed female ensuite dorm - only that the bunk beds seemed a little short. Breakfast is fresh and sufficient to keep you going for long days of surfing (choice of cereal, toast and jam, tea and coffee)

Surf course - at all times I had the feeling that the instructors were genuinely keen in making it a great time for everyone - successfully! They catered for all levels and being an improver/intermediate myself, I still felt very comfortable with the group. I must say the conditions were simply perfect for learning, too!
Had my own wetsuit but the rental equipment looked fairly good to me as well. For improvers it was possible to use a hardboard, big plus!

All in all perhaps the best surf & stay package I have experienced so far. Comparing to other surf schools in the area, TurfnSurf definitely is the way to go!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank 178katjap
Reviewed 30 October 2015

Normally when I plan to do amazing things like going camping or traveling I cant wait and when I´m done I think it wasnt that great at all. But when I planned to attend the surf course with turf n surf I wasn´t excited at all. After three days hanging around with the world coolest staff I was quiet sad to leave. But I´m sure I´ll come back. 100% recommendable.

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

I honestly had the best weekend of my life at TurfnSurf Lodge! I went on my own but returned with an amazing bunch of new friends of a similar mindset and an equal love for adventure.
The owner, Killian, was so welcoming, friendly and easy going throughout the whole weekend. The staff were lovely and I can also even say that the local community of Bundoran are lovely too!
The surf lessons were hard work but so enjoyable, and when you eventually catch a wave and stand up on the board it makes all the previous frustration sooo worth it.
We had a great fancy dress party in the lodge for Halloween which allowed for a nice bonding session with the whole group.
Breakfast every morning was perfect and the comfort of the lodge overall was without fault. Showers were warm and powerful and the beds were extremely comfortable. I loved everything about the place.
I will most definitely be returning to TurfnSurf Lodge in the very near future and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who would be interested in a thrilling adventure weekend like this.

Thanks Killian and all at TurfnSurf Lodge :)

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Beatbex
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Had an absolute blast of a bank holiday weekend with the Turf"n"surf crew, cant wait to come back! Really helpful and friendly instructors. And cheers for setting up the fancy dress party! Bundoran is fun too, lotsa pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends