Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2019 via mobile

John runs a fabulous guest house. Large rooms and bathrooms. We had a twin room with 2 queen sized beds.

Great breakfast with good selections on the menu.

One of the best B&Bs I have stayed at over many years of travel.

Highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2019

Stayed at Dun na si ballyshannon for the last 3 nights room was ok but the owner never changed bedding emptied the bin or replaced toilet rolls as we where left with just 3squares overnight so we had to buy some ourselves food was edible if you had a lead lined stomach owner wasnt very polite on second day as my partner only had toast for breakfast when we booking we were told one price then charged a higher price and didnt get a reciept when leaving very dodgey way to run a b&b so i advise caution when staying there so i wont be returning to this property again

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018

First off, John is second to none when it comes to making his guests feel comfortable. He was kind enough to pick me up from the bus station as well as drop me off when it was a rainy day.

The room at Dun Na Si itself was clean, spacious and quiet, which was perfect for me as I had just done a lot of running around in Dublin previously.

The breakfast spread was phenomenal-- on top of the cereal, fruit, croissants, toast, juice and coffee, John had all the fixings for an Irish Breakfast! Since it was a quieter weekend at the guesthouse, John and I had a lovely conversation while I ate and offered me some tips for what to do in town (which was about a 15 minute walk).

As far as Ballyshannon goes, I had a few drinks at Sean Og's as well as dinner and wine at The Limit, both of which were affordable and a great people-watching atmosphere.

If you're looking to book with John, I would suggest reaching out directly via phone or email-- he is incredibly responsive and it often benefits you in terms of room rate.

All in all, if I ever find myself in Ballyshannon again, I will certainly be back!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Dun Na Si guesthouse in Ballyshannon. We had trouble finding the guesthouse with our gps, so if you have trouble locating the B&B , phone the helpfull and friendly owner.
Save parking, nice breakfast and quiet area within walking distance from restaurants made this accommodation good value for money.The room was spacious enough for us as a couple.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Girla B
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I loved this guesthouse! It's newer and modern, and my room was spacious, very clean, and had a lovely view. John is so kind and knows everything about the area and he's the most excellent company. We went for a drink in gorgeous Rossnowlagh. I only stayed one night and I didn't get to see the Faerie Fort in the yard, but I look forward to stopping by to have tea with the faeries in September when I'm back in Ballyshannon! The location of this guesthouse is close to Westport, the Rock, downtown Ballyshannon and just a few mins drive from the stunning beach in Rossnowlagh. I booked direct via the website and used PayPal (so I didn't have to give my credit card number in an e-mail to reserve). I'd stay here again. It was truly a perfect experience, and in addition to the faeries to visit, there are horses next door to ride!

Date of stay: March 2017