US$332
US$252
US$86
US$131
US$91
All reviewscamp bedlovely hotelkids clubstayed here for nightsfamily roombuffet breakfastfunction roomswimming poolquiet locationfrom start to finishleisure centregreat facilitiessauna and steam roomfour starfood was lovelyfamily breakbar restaurant
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The dinner in the bar was beautiful but it stopped there. Breakfast was only ok. Potato cubes were cold, no milk on the table, only 1 portion of butter at the table, sausages didn't taste good. Had to find a waitress to order a cup of coffee.
The sheet on the Base of the bed didn't fit. There was no top sheet fitted and quilt cover was not dressed correctly. The room was uncomfortably hot with a window open.
From 7.45am bedroom doors were banging loudly and woke us up.
All basic requirements for a hotel that were not met.
Returning home tired and very disappointed. Money was not well spent.
We will not return to this hotel or recommend it to family and friends.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
andrewkeane2017, General Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Siobhan,

We are very disappointed to read your review and I have replied to the Email that you have sent to me directly.

We do hope that you do revisit us in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Staff were very friendly and helpful, room was lovely, beds very clean and comfortable, fitness suite pool and other facilities were amazing, the hotel had a lovely relaxed atmosphere, we spent two nights here then two nights at two other hotels , the great national hotel b allina was our favourite by far , and was actually the cheapest of the three, would love to go back , the food in restaurant was good value and service as well as tasty

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us recently.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Great National Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Stayed with friend, was happy with all aspects of the hotel especially Mary at reception. Mary was so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend hotel to anyone. Food and cleanliness was A1.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you have found that the "staff were helpful and thoughtful" and that you would "recommend hotel to anyone".

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Great National Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Hotel was very nice and well appointed, clean well cared for rooms and a friendly and courteous staff. They have everything necessary for a wonderful stay including a leisure center, Restaurant and Lounge.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Great National Hotel Ballina and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I visited The Great National for my brothers wedding 2 weeks ago... To say it was amazing, is an understatement... it was my 5th wedding this summer and I was really coming to end of my tolerance with them, but this hotel really blew all the rest out of the water.
It was a fairly big wedding, 290 sat for dinner, but you would never have known this based on the promptness of service. I had the salmon, not being a big fish eater, I wasn't really too excited with my choice...it was absolutely delicious, my partner had beef and said he has never tasted meat so tender.
It is a lovely hotel, staff were so lovely, my whole family were so well looked after... I checked my parents into their room and we thought they had been given the bridal suite because the bed was so big.

The only constructive feedback I can give, is maybe the bar staff weren't as well equipped to deal with such a big wedding party and the air con in the function room wasn't great once the band started....also, the PA system was very muffled and people struggle to hear speeches.... but I'm really nit picking here.

Keep up the good work and continued success wished upon this amazing venue right on our door step.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
andrewkeane2017, General Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you and your family had a great time at your brothers wedding and that you were delighted with the service that we provided.

After each wedding the senior team discuss the operations and the same points was raised that you have highlighted and I am happy to say that the items are being resolved.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Kind regards,