“Staff were helpful and thoughtful”

Great National Hotel Ballina
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Ballina
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed with friend, was happy with all aspects of the hotel especially Mary at reception. Mary was so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Would recommend hotel to anyone. Food and cleanliness was A1.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
andrewkeane2017, General Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you have found that the "staff were helpful and thoughtful" and that you would "recommend hotel to anyone".

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Great National Hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Great National Hotel Ballina

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was very nice and well appointed, clean well cared for rooms and a friendly and courteous staff. They have everything necessary for a wonderful stay including a leisure center, Restaurant and Lounge.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Great National Hotel Ballina and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Great National Hotel in the very near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I visited The Great National for my brothers wedding 2 weeks ago... To say it was amazing, is an understatement... it was my 5th wedding this summer and I was really coming to end of my tolerance with them, but this hotel really blew all the rest out of the water.
It was a fairly big wedding, 290 sat for dinner, but you would never have known this based on the promptness of service. I had the salmon, not being a big fish eater, I wasn't really too excited with my choice...it was absolutely delicious, my partner had beef and said he has never tasted meat so tender.
It is a lovely hotel, staff were so lovely, my whole family were so well looked after... I checked my parents into their room and we thought they had been given the bridal suite because the bed was so big.

The only constructive feedback I can give, is maybe the bar staff weren't as well equipped to deal with such a big wedding party and the air con in the function room wasn't great once the band started....also, the PA system was very muffled and people struggle to hear speeches.... but I'm really nit picking here.

Keep up the good work and continued success wished upon this amazing venue right on our door step.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you and your family had a great time at your brothers wedding and that you were delighted with the service that we provided.

After each wedding the senior team discuss the operations and the same points was raised that you have highlighted and I am happy to say that the items are being resolved.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Great National Hotel Ballina with two friends. We booked a triple room which consisted of three single beds which was just ideal for us. There was plenty space in the room and very clean and comfortable. We went to the pool and spa which were both really good top class. I will return to the hotel if I'm ever taking a trip to mayo in the future

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
andrewkeane2017, General Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Laura M,

We are delighted to read that you had a "Great stay" with us recently and that you will stay with us again when your return to Mayo.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Great National Hotel Ballina in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

fantastic place yo stay, close to all attractions in the area with all the staff very friendly and efficient , especially the reception staff who were very helpful and knowledgable . food was great and the bed was the most comfortable i have slept in , all in all a great place to relax.

Stayed: August 2017
andrewkeane2017, General Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you had a excellent stay with us recently and I would like to thank you for highlighting the team and our food offering.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Great National Hotel Ballina in the very near future.