Great National Hotel Ballina
Ballina Manor Hotel(Ballina)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$75
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

Twin Trees Hotel & Leisure Club(Ballina)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$204
US$220
Official Site
US$254
All reviewslovely hotelcamp bedkids clubfunction roomfamily roombuffet breakfastswimming poolstayed here for nightsquiet locationfrom start to finishleisure centrerooms are comfortablegreat facilitiesfour starfamily breakbar restaurantfood was lovely
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I visited The Great National for my brothers wedding 2 weeks ago... To say it was amazing, is an understatement... it was my 5th wedding this summer and I was really coming to end of my tolerance with them, but this hotel really blew all the rest out of the water.
It was a fairly big wedding, 290 sat for dinner, but you would never have known this based on the promptness of service. I had the salmon, not being a big fish eater, I wasn't really too excited with my choice...it was absolutely delicious, my partner had beef and said he has never tasted meat so tender.
It is a lovely hotel, staff were so lovely, my whole family were so well looked after... I checked my parents into their room and we thought they had been given the bridal suite because the bed was so big.

The only constructive feedback I can give, is maybe the bar staff weren't as well equipped to deal with such a big wedding party and the air con in the function room wasn't great once the band started....also, the PA system was very muffled and people struggle to hear speeches.... but I'm really nit picking here.

Keep up the good work and continued success wished upon this amazing venue right on our door step.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
andrewkeane2017, General Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you and your family had a great time at your brothers wedding and that you were delighted with the service that we provided.

After each wedding the senior team discuss the operations and the same points was raised that you have highlighted and I am happy to say that the items are being resolved.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the Great National Hotel Ballina with two friends. We booked a triple room which consisted of three single beds which was just ideal for us. There was plenty space in the room and very clean and comfortable. We went to the pool and spa which were both really good top class. I will return to the hotel if I'm ever taking a trip to mayo in the future

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
andrewkeane2017, General Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Laura M,

We are delighted to read that you had a "Great stay" with us recently and that you will stay with us again when your return to Mayo.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Great National Hotel Ballina in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

fantastic place yo stay, close to all attractions in the area with all the staff very friendly and efficient , especially the reception staff who were very helpful and knowledgable . food was great and the bed was the most comfortable i have slept in , all in all a great place to relax.

Stayed: August 2017
andrewkeane2017, General Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you had a excellent stay with us recently and I would like to thank you for highlighting the team and our food offering.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Great National Hotel Ballina in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I have stayed in this hotel twice within the last couple of months, as I travel with my husband on business. Unfortunately there was no wifi from either room we stayed in, which meant I had to work from the lobby, on both stays. I did mention it to the staff on both occasions, but the only thing they could suggest was to work from the lobby.

On the upside, the hotel is clean, the food is good and the staff are friendly. Its about a 45 minute walk to the town. Leisure centre is also nice and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for one with an internet signal if you require one.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for kind comments and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed to read your comments with relation to the WiFi as their has been an large investment put into this earlier in the year. I will be contacting my WiFi provider to see how you did not have any connection and I would like to apologies for any trouble caused.

We do hope that you do revisit us in the near future and I can assure you that you will have a good WiFi connection.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Excellent hotel for families, great entertainment for children and adults too. Our room was very comfortable, airy and clean. The food was lovely, great choice and very reasonable too. The Staff were so friendly and helpful and there was a great atmosphere in this hotel. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a lovely relaxing break.

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor was very good with a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
andrewkeane2017, General Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent birthday break with us at the Great National Hotel Ballina and that you found that the hotel was Excellent for families and that you found the entertainment was great for both the adults and the children.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards