All reviews camp bed lovely hotel kids club family room from start to finish stayed here for nights buffet breakfast function room quiet location swimming pool leisure centre great facilities sauna and steam room food was lovely family break bar restaurant staff were so friendly
Reviewed 30 January 2017

This hotel waqs originally known as the Ballina hotel but has changed its name with new ownership. It can be a bit awkward to find at first as access to the hotel is located by means of a road that runs by the back of the property even though you can see it from the main road. The rooms are large and very warm but lacks any great character.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Jane_OHora, Sales and Marketing Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We have new signs in place but will review it again to avoid any confusion on entry to the hotel.
We're glad you liked our large bedrooms and that it was warm. The hotel has recently been bought so the hotel is being refurbished with the leisure centre and the function room completed so far.
We hope to see you here again at the Great National Hotel Ballina.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Stayed a night had a really lovely room, clean and comfortable. Staff were really helpful Had dinner in the bar could not fault, once again staff were very helpful . Breakfast next morning was very good. Will be back Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patrickcurran

Hi Patrick,

Thanks Patrick for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I'll pass on your feedback to our staff.
We look forward to seeing you back here at the Great National Hotel Ballina.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I can only judge this place on the room , breakfast and staff we encountered. Lots of parking available.The lady in front desk Mary was very friendly and welcoming, we felt comfortable straight away. The rooms were lovely and airy, much better than other 4* hotels Iv stayed in which were cramped. The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom immaculate. The room was very warm but it was freezing outside and I managed to turn the radiator off so that solved that. I called next morning for a late check out and this was no issue whatsoever. The breakfast was basic but fine. My partner informed that there had been a party in the bar the night before, I never heard a sound, maybe I was lucky but I had one of the most relaxing stays here and a great nights sleep. I would recommend this hotel whole heartedly.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trea86
Jane_OHora, Sales and Marketing Manager at Great National Hotel Ballina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Hi Trea86,

What a fantastic review, thank you so much!
It is always so great to hear that our guests have relaxed and enjoyed their stay here and we are so delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
I'll pass on your feedback to Mary - she will be thrilled.
Please come back and visit us again soon, we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Great service . Good food: breakfast & craving. Nice atmosphere. Lovely hotel. Just a short drive to the town center. I would definitely recommend & stay again at the National Ballina Hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank marymI6646PK

Hi Mary,

Thank you for such a lovely review and your recommendation of the Great National Hotel Ballina - it is much appreciated!
I will pass on your feedback to all the staff.
Hopefully, we will see you here again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here weekend of 6th &7th of January and want to be honest, the hotel is perfect clean and spacious also room was same ,breakfast wasn't great but the dinners were lovely, all the staff were very helpful and friendly bar 1 lady in the bar/restaurant which I mentioned at reception on checking out,in all my years of going away and we take at least 6 weekend breaks each year and a foreign holiday I have never come across a more rude or ignorant person, she was so bad we were certain there was a hidden camera and that it was a skit ,ballina is a lovely town and we will return

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Vinnie C

Hi Vinnie C,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are glad to hear your stay was positive in a lot of ways.

However, we are sorry to hear that one of our staff had such a negative impact on you. This is so disappointing as you will see in most customer reviews, the friendliness and warmth of our staff is one of our key attributes.

We will look into this and ensure it doesn't happen again.
Hopefully, you will return to us here at the Great National Hotel Ballina for another visit in the near future.