All reviews drunken bullock four poster bed spanish armada armada bar market menu marshall doran banqueting hall superior room flambe our tour guide entrance hall honeymoon suite steak course dinner booked dinner wedding venue duck
Reviewed 29 August 2018

We had a two night stay here in July this year .
We had been given gift voucher for Ireland's Blue Guide and chose this based on good reviews.
The receptionist who took the booking was friendly and suggested a special inclusive deal called The Wild Atlantic way special of breakfast and evening meal on two nights.
Our room was lovely with a four poster bed and view of the grounds.
There was no bath which was a bit of a disappointment ,and the TV seemed to have only RtE channels.
I got the wifi number but found it only worked in some places in the hotel.
The dinner was a special menu for the deal.. We had for starter of tart filled with pulled
pork which was large and substantial rather too much for a starter.My husband ordered a duo of duck and I had the plaice. Sadly both were disappointing .There was a shortage of vegetables and the plaice seemed to be steamed on a portion of gnocchi or barley or something rather unappetising.
The duck was chewy and not crispy as duck should be.
Desserts were OK.
Next day we had the most substantial breakfast I have ever encountered.
We ordered porridge which turned out to contain dried fruit ! Then the full Irish! Two of everything. I don't know anyone who can eat these quantities !Less is more !
Day two evening meal was better .We had the soup which was quite good.I ordered the chicken and my Husband the beef.I asked if I could have some potatoes with the chicken and a dish of baby potatoes arrived.
When we settled the bill on departure we noted an additional charge was put on for the spuds!!
Staff were lovely.The place was cute.The woodland walks were good and there was enough of interest to amuse us for two days.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drummerboy2014
Paul D, Receptionist at Belleek Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Drummerboy2014,

Thank you for leaving us a review about your castle stay this Summer. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us so much.

Our Wild Atlantic Way package is a special offer we have running for our Summer and Winter months which is a great package deal for our guests. As you said this meal is included with a stay overnight in a Standard room with our Early Evening menu included and breakfast the following morning. I see you had mentioned you were staying in a room with a four poster bed which is one of our Superior rooms which I am delighted that we were able to give you a complimentary upgrade during your stay. I am afraid some of our rooms would include baths but this would be subject to availability on request.

Our wifi at the castle is a free open network for our guests to join. Unfortunately we do have problems sometimes due to the fact that the castle has thick walls we find trouble getting connection to all areas with ease.

Our restaurant serve a range of menus from 5.30pm each evening. I noted your comments on the duck to our restaurant manager and she apologises as she states you would have been told upon ordering this dish that the duck is a breast of duck and normally we would encourage the guest to order it medium as if cooked more duck does tend to be a little tougher. I am happy to hear that you did enjoy your meal on the second night however.

It is a pleasure to hear that you did enjoy your stay and there was enough activities in the area for you to partake in during your stay while still being relaxing.

I do hope you decide to revisit the castle again in the future as we would be delighted to welcome you back again at a future date.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Very clean, hotel with quirky elements

I think it has only 12 or 13 rooms.

Surrounded by lovely forest and greenery.

Interesting history of the owners.

Some Fixing up to be done but overall we loved the stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank potofflowers

Dear Potofflowers,

Thank you for leaving us a review of your castle stay. We are indeed a boutique hotel with 10 rooms in total. Each of these rooms being individually decorated and rich in antique furnishings.

We are very lucky to be surrounded by such a beautiful forrest that surrounds. The walkways throughout the forrest has a range of monuments to view some even having ties to the castle and its history.

There is always work being done on the castle as it is a very old building so our maintenance team is working everyday throughout the year to ensure that everything is done throughout the property and its grounds with a lot of changes being made this year.

I do hope you get a chance to visit the castle in the future as we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This historic property could be a movie set. Small enough to be intimate, but big enough to pamper it's guests with award winning food in the fabulous restaurant, great tours of the premises, including large collections of fossils, medieval armor, great walks and a brand new pub. The history behind its restoration is worth the visit.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Berten786,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review of your recent visit to Belleek Castle. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay here so much.

Our award winning restaurant serve an array of dishes to be served daily from 5.30pm, I am delighted you got a chance to sample the cuisine here at the castle.

We recently renovated the stables in the castle and built a new cafe in the courtyard. Our bar has been as it always has which is made from salvaged wood of a shipwreck so I wouldnt assume this is what you meant when you said "new pub".

Again thank you for your kind comments I do hope you revisit us here.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing place amazing staff and amazing food cannot rate this place enough the management are wonderful people to deal with would rate this place 20/10 if I could 5* would recommend this place to anyone visiting Mayo

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Paul D, Reception at Belleek Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Rob K,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review of you visit to us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much.

I do hope you have a chance to visit the castle again in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

A very warm welcome, most of the hotel being open to guests, beautiful grounds and a very professional standard of service. A lot of thought has been put in presenting this Castle to their guests, as an inviting place in which to stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Paul D, Receptionist at Belleek Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Anne B,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a review of your recent visit to Belleek Castle. I am delighted to hear you had a great time at a family wedding while here.

Weddings at the castle are such special occasions, it is a pleasure to host the day of their dreams for our couples. We try our best to work with them and make sure all their visions for the day is carried forward as they image for the guests they want to share their special day with.

I do hope you have a chance to visit us at the castle at another point in time as we would love to welcome you back.