All reviews the underground car park the river central hotel ridge pool broken jug lovely hotel night porter salmon attending a wedding comfortable room great weekend breakfast was excellent town centre staff were friendly and helpful full irish breakfast restaurant staff reception area
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Visiting for my sisters 50th and large family dinner arranged at the hotel.

The service was fabulous. Extremely attentive and assisting with all queries.

Very friendly efficient staff and the food was amazing. Piping hot, fresh and tasty.

Very reasonably priced also. Would not hesitate to return and highly recommend a visit.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
The Castle H, Owner at Ballina Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Hi Jo,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are delighted your chose The Ballina Manor hotel for such an important occasion! We hope we will see you back again in the future

Many thanks,
Edel
The Ballina Manor Hotel

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We spent one night as part of a tour. Clean hotel centrally located but only one small elevator. Breakfast was excellent! No air conditioning but windows opened which was fine. Some rooms have a view of the river.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We stayed two nights in the Ballina Manor Hotel, as we were doing some family research in the Killala area and this was a good base. This was a deal of 2 nights B&B plus two evening meals for those over 55. The staff were most pleasant and welcoming. Our room had a river view, but was a little tired and needed some refurbishment. It was perfectly adequate, however, and the bathroom was clean and fresh. The corridors to the bedrooms are slightly off-putting. The evening meals in the restaurant were really excellent -3 courses and beautifully cooked and presented. We could not believe the great value that this break offered, as the breakfasts were also good. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: Try to have a room on the river side of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Was booked by another hotel to stay at Ballina Manor as a result of their overbooking. I must say that I attempted dinner at the restaurant in the evening, and it was disappointing. The waiters were over-worked, appeared hurried, and the dining room was uncomfortably warm. Unfortunately I have a gluten sensitivity and am allergic to cow’s milk. My waiter asked the chef if he could do GF and not use cows milk. The waiter came back with very minimal options.... meaning the chef didn’t care to accommodate. We all have cooked for ourselves at one point and surely we know how to whip something up in our small kitchens.... by comparison to a hotel kitchen. I chose to leave and went to the Chinese restaurant down the street and what do you know? They could make just about any dish with potato starch (GF) and without any milk. A fantastic option if staying at the hotel and dietary options aren’t available.

It’s a wonder when you’re a paying guest of a hotel, they do not want to go out of their way to accommodate you. Surely a store close by has almond milk, gluten free cereal, and could make it happen but did not. Sadly, I personally went and bought my own almond milk and brought in my own cereal.

This morning I walked past the reception desk and said “Good Morning!” to the woman sitting there. She did not acknowledge me, did not smile, and at this point I simply can not recommend staying here and look forward to a property that treats guests with more dignity.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank BTraveli
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Stayed here for the Salmon Festival, 2018. Warm welcome, clean and friendly hotel. Music in the bar at night was excellent. Hotel full because of festival but not disturbed. Great view over the river Moy, looking forward to next year.

Stayed: July 2018