All reviewsthe underground car parkthe rivercentral hotelridge poolbroken juglovely hotelnight portersalmonattending a weddingcomfortable roomgreat weekendbreakfast was excellenttown centrestaff were friendly and helpfulfull irish breakfastrestaurant staffreception area
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Ideal place to stay. Great location,slap bang in the middle of the town.

Lovely staff, couldn’t be nicer.
Beautiful hotel. My daughter stayed here two years ago and couldn’t recommend it highly enough. Now I can see why.

We had dinner and that was also great and a very lovely waiter

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1947M
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a 4 night stay during the salmon festival. Fantastic hotel , nice big room with friendly staff. The food was out of this world , no complaints from us.

Free parking permit was a nice touch as the underground car park was full so parked in the public car park next to the Moy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Really can't understand or believe the bad reviews. We had three rooms all spotless, staff very friendly and helpful. Great breakfast and also had a lovely meal in the restaurant which turned out to be slightly cheaper than the Chinese we had the previous evening. Only minor thing I could point out is that it would be nice to have a fridge in the room for keeping water chilled. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Room to the back if you want to avoid road noise.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Not much to say really except that I need a base in Ballina as we got a lot of work in the area. I stayed here thinking that it could be my base going forward, I also paid top price for room only with no breakfast. The place stinks, corridors stink, the elevator stinks and the bathroom in the room was absolutely filthy. The place was covered with hairs, even around the sink. How can the cleaner miss the hairs in the sink ?? I had to clean it myself before i used it. There was thick scum and dirt all around the shower. This scum was caked into it so bad that its obviously there years. Unbelievable that I actually paid for this. It shocks me how businesses like this can charge top prices for this filth. So annoying..........I definitely wont be back. On the look out for a new base in the area.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Python
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Stayed two nights here 10th and 11th July 2018 staff were very friendly and efficient.Meals were excellent. Hotel has terrific views over the famous Ridge Pool on the river Moy. So whether you are just watching the fishermen or want to fish yourself it is on your doorstep.

Stayed: July 2018