Review Highlights
Customized Biking Trip in Donegal

Rachel organized a customized 4 day cycling vacation for myself and 2 friends along the Wild... read more

Reviewed 24 August 2020
RoryWard
County Dublin, Ireland
Friendly, efficient service!

We hired an electric bike and an hybrid bike for my husband and I from Rachel. My maiden voyage... read more

Reviewed 26 July 2020
CarolO68
Tipperary, Ireland
via mobile

All reviews wild atlantic way whiskey tasting county mayo bike tour private tour causeway coast starting point irish coffee picnic lunch electric bikes local knowledge scones marjorie hiking itinerary culture interests
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2019

We hired bikes from Rachel for the day, and had a lovely trip to Killala. Good quality bikes, & great recommendations from Rachel on places to see and stop for coffee & food. Highly recommended! Thank you, Colette & Ian.

Date of experience: July 2019
RachelsIrishAdv, Owner at Rachel's Irish Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2019

Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted you liked our bikes and enjoyed your cycling day out to Killala!

Reviewed 14 June 2019

We did the Irish Whiskey Appreciation. It was great on background knowledge and Rachel really went out of her way to accommodate our three very different levels of experiance. She also gave us great tips for our further stay in Mayo. Great experiance

Date of experience: June 2019
RachelsIrishAdv, Owner at Rachel's Irish Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2019

It was lovely to meet you! Enjoy the rest of your trip and thanks a lot for your kind review. Hope to see you again on your next Irish adventure. Bis bald!

Reviewed 4 June 2019

We (5 of us) spent a fabulous day with Rachel Nolan biking through County Mayo with a first rate picnic at DownPatrick Head, followed by a fun and informative whiskey tasting. The bikes were almost like new, two of us had electric bikes, and our route was fun and just right in terms of challenging. Rachel is highly informed about everthing Ireland, plus she's a phenomenal athlete and filled with enthusiasm. She had learned about Irish whiskeys in her earlier career and really knew her stuff -- it was a blast. We spent 12 days in Ireland, and this was a highlight, thanks in large part to Rachel.

Date of experience: May 2019

Thank you for your kind review! I’m delighted you enjoyed Ireland and your tour with Rachel’s Irish Adventures. I really enjoyed your company and I’m looking forward to our next cultural and cycling adventure together.

Reviewed 4 May 2019 via mobile

I had a full day in Ireland and reached out to Rachel on things to do. She was quick to respond and had great suggestions for how to make the most of my short stay! I was interested in hiking and seeing some great views, so Rachel planned a hike of about 9 miles along a beautiful trail in County Mayo and we drove to Downpatrick Head after the hike. We also stopped at a “musical bridge” before starting the hike, which was great to see! She prepared everything - bringing snacks and lunch and extra clothes, etc since the weather can change pretty quickly from warm to windy and rainy! At night, Rachel held a whiskey tasting, since she used to work in that industry! Rachel loves being outdoors and her hometown and will show you places that you would never really know or hear about unless you are from the area! It’s a great way to see a lesser known part of Ireland and spend time with locals. I was fortunate to meet some of her friends, were also very knowledgeable about Ireland and just as welcoming and friendly as Rachel!

I stayed at Brigown B & B for two nights, which is owned by Rachel’s mom. She prepared a great breakfast with many options to choose from. I had to leave pretty early on my last day to catch a bus back to Dublin Airport, and she was kind enough to have breakfast ready at 5:30 am! Rachel organized all the details of my stay and transportation to and from Dublin Airport to Ballina.

Overall, it was pretty seamless and Rachel is very reliable and flexible. She has great ideas for things to do that are off the beaten path; just let her know what you like to do/don’t like to do and she will take care of the rest!

Date of experience: April 2019
RachelsIrishAdv, Owner at Rachel's Irish Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2019

Thanks for your very kind words Kristen. I really enjoyed your company and I'm delighted you enjoyed the experience with Rachel's Irish Adventures. We look forward to our next adventure together..

Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

Rented bikes from Rachel's mother, Marjorie in her absense. Bikes were great quality and cost friendly (Giant branded, €20 day price) and it was such a welcoming atmosphere that I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Rob & Kathy.

Date of experience: January 2019
ReadyIreland, Owner at Rachel's Irish Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2019

Hi Rob and Kathy,

Thanks for your review and I'm happy you enjoyed your cycling adventure.
I'm delighted you got to meet "Mam' and hopefully I will see you on another occasion.

Cheers!