All reviewsfour poster bedjacuzzi bathcoffee machinecrab clawsseafood platterlovely bathroombeautiful hotelseafood barbathrobes and slippersgreat attention to detailnext morningtop classfood was amazingbreakfast menusecond to nonelast weekendwild atlantic way
Reviewed 16 July 2018

great hotel with a beautiful room and great location middle of town.
great food and very friendly staff, great walks and golf, played Carne Links twice What A Course. Must Play. Loads of walking and cycling to do.

Great pub with nightly entertainment. Great for fresh fish with fresh lobsters daily.

Room Tip: book a suite?
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
TalbotHotel2011, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

We're delighted you enjoyed Carne as they have put a lot of work into improving it in the last few years. You're right we have loads of sculpture trails, long beaches and cliff walks and it's great to hear you made the most of it.
The staff will be happy to know that you appreciated them and the kitchen will be especially pleased you enjoyed the food.
We have traditional music on Friday and Sunday nights for the summer, so we hope you get a chance to return soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Visited the bar dining area for lunch with kids. Staff were prompt, excellent and efficient. Great selection of food for kids and adults alike. Delicious chowder with brown bread! Really hit the spot. Hard to fault. Keep doing Belmullet proud!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

You know the single nicest thing someone ever said to me about our business was when we opened first and a local girl thanked me and told me she was so proud that our hotel was in Belmullet. Your words brought back that memory so thank you and a big thank you to all our team for there hard work.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I did not expect to find such lovely gluten free food in Belmullet, I don't know why and a lot of things about the area surprised me. The people of the town were friendly and very helpful, a lady in the supermarket gave us directions to the most beautiful beach (Cross Beach) to have our takeaway coffee and snacks. A man in a souvenir shop gave us a map of the area and told us how to get to his favourite beaches, one of 35 local beaches he said. The gluten free fish and chips in the Talbot Hotel was a treat to make it a perfect day. I liked the decor, the helpful staff and the relaxed atmosphere. I look forward to visiting again.

Stayed: July 2018
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

The Belmullet area has a lot to offer, almost all roads lead to a fabulous beach or little cove that you can have all to yourself. I came to Belmullet as a teacher 26 years ago knowing no one, that didn't last long, I think they are the most welcoming people around and if you are open you will easily find someone to talk to. Young and old mix extremely well in this area and strangers aren't that for long.
We do a lot for coeliacs and have adapted lots of our recipes to suit. We now stock bread, burger buns, pasta, and lots of our sauces are coeliac friendly, we even make sticky toffee pudding especially to have a hot option for coeliacs along with our berry mess so I'm delighted our efforts are paying off.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the talbot and all I can say is it is fabulous!!!The decor of my room was beautifully and tastefully done and the staff were very friendly and obliging.it really is a hidden gem the only downside is that you have to park on the main street as there is no car park but very minor complaint in relation to the overall stay.could not recommend this hotel enough

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you Nicki for your great endorsement, were so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Parking on the street can be hit and miss but cars are always moving, I've been known to pop in for a second to reception and having to double park only to come out and find my car high and dry in the street with empty parking spaces inside...embarrassing. But there is always parking down on the docks...but you need to practice your hill start. Anyhow thank you so much for spreading the good word.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at the Talbots a few times and we are never let down.The food,staff,service and atmosphere are second to none!!We can’t recommend enough and can’t wait to come back!!Keep up the good work guys!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Talbot H, Owner at Talbot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you for your great review, especially glad to hear your a repeat customer. Thank you for spreading the good word and hope to see you soon.