“A great place for food”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bettystown, Ireland
“A great place for food”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was driving by this hotel and looked at the lunch board outside the door, menu looked good.
We went back in the afternoon and had lunch. Menu excellent, fish chicken, steaks and caters for coeliac people as well. food was very good and prices just right. €72 for 5 adults incl 2 alcoholic drinks. We will come back

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Liambettystown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Ulster
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Fabulous boutique style hotel located in Bellmullet. Five star accommodation. Decor is absolutely beautiful. Staff are warm, friendly and welcoming throughout the hotel. We were accompanied to our room and given all the information we needed to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Room and bathroom were well laid out and included extra touches such as nespresso machine, iPod dock and robes and slippers. Had food in the bar on both nights and was to a high standard. We used the hotel as a base to tour Achill island and would recommend the drive all the way out to Keem Strand on a sunny day. Looking forward to a return visit!

• Stayed March 2012
Longford, Ireland
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Everything about the Talbot was superb.. the welcome on arrival, standard of rooms, great rates... nothing could be faulted. The Bar food was great value and excellent menu. Located in the heart of the action but yet a tranquil haven. Live music in the bar and also the nightclub next door was very lively but hotel was peaceful and rooms very comfortable. Room decor is the last word .. all modern unique designs. I will definately be going back and would not hestitate in recommending for a lovely weekend break. Great food, excellent service, great location & fantastic hotel..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I booked a one-night, Bed & Breakfast with this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. Service at Reception couldn't have been more attentive or helpful. I was shown to my room personally by Fiona which was a lovely touch and found my pink room on the first floor absolutely delightful! I'm so impressed with the Ipod dock, nespresso machine, flatscreen wall-mounted tv and the amazing King Size bed! The furnishings were really lovely, exactly as I had anticipated from website photos, and really clean & fresh. Flooring was nice too! Bathroom was well set out, with robe, slippers, beautiful towels, a lovely range of toiletries and powerful shower! My meal in the restaurant was lovely, massive portions and great service. Overall, a fantastic hotel, great food and super customer service - I certainly wouldn't even dream of looking elsewhere for my next trip to Belmullet. Congratulations to the owners & staff on a terrific experience in an absolutely fabulous hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jo1109
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this beautiful botique hotel. The double bedroom was one of the nicest and cleanest I have stayed in. the attention to detail and the individual style throughout this hotel will really appeal to anyone who hates, as i do the generic chain hotel. The added extra of the nespresso machine has left me wanting to purchase one for home. On a more disappointing note I have to confess that the food in the lounge bar was not to our taste as a keen cook myself I enjoy modern cuisine with some responsibility towards healthy eating. We had crab cakes at a €3 supplement these can only be described as 3 tasteless crab and potatoe cakes as I couldn't find any other flavour in them I ate 1, gave the other to my husband to try and left the 3rd, much to large a potion !. Both my husband and I had fish, myself the cod and he the plaice. The fresh fish was beautiful but mine had a spoonful of disgusting grey coloured garlicy ? "stuff " on top thank god I realised before eating it and scraped it off, the fish was accompanied by very buttery creamed potatoes, Brussel sprouts and carrots, individually all nice but didn't work with the fish. Desert was also a let down,soggy pastry or sponge base on lemon merigne pie? on the plus side breakfast was good although if you like herbal teas bring your own as the hotel selection is poor. I have not enjoyed writing this reveiw as it does not reflect my overall experience at the talbot hotel and it would not put me of returning just be careful what you order from the menu or try the Chinese restaurant across the street as it was delicious.

Room Tip: We had a double room and it was beautiful