All reviewscarnegolf coursefresh fruitdining tableperfect accommodationrecommend this b b to anyonevillage centresuperb breakfastplace to staycomfortable bedfull irishstayed longerhidden gemgerryhostsirelandwest
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I travelled with family to Belmullet to attend a family wedding in Cornboy and later in the day the evening reception was held at the Broadhaven Bay Hotel. We stayed 2 nights at the Drom Caoin B&B, we booked 2 double rooms and 1 single room. All our rooms were comfortable and clean and had ensuite bathrooms (a bit basic - I prefer staying at hotels, but the Broadhaven was a bit too expensive ;-). The owners were helpful, letting us use their ironing facilities, borrowing hairdryers, etc. The location of the Drom Caoin is stunning, Belmullet is a beautiful area. Compared to the 2nd B&B we stayed in on the 3rd night, this was a good choice!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank yonkers123
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Hosts Mairin and Gerry are some of the nicest people we met in Ireland. They helped us out with a very challenging flat tire experience, on a Sunday no less! And we have to also mention Martin Mills of Inver Motors, who Gerry called for us. He did all the work in his Sunday best without getting a speck of dirt on any of it! The accommodations are cozy, the beds are so comfortable and covered with beautiful linens, the breakfast included the best eggs of our trip, and that is saying something. I'd love to have these people as friends!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank patlangan1
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed in a large upstairs apartment with a kitchen, dining table, and washing machine. The weather was bad, so the apartment was perfect for our stay in and relax time in our otherwise hectic vacation. The apt. was immaculate, and I've never seen such a well stocked hotel kitchen before! The beds were the most comfortable of our whole trip. Our hosts were extraordinarily hospitable. Breakfast was cooked to order each morning - and so delicious!! What a cook! She even offered us breakfast "extras" - traditional Irish foods for us to try. When my son loved the potato boxty, she made it again for him the next day. This is Irish hospitality at its best. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MSM75
Reviewed 25 July 2011

we arrived at drom caoin after a long day of travel and marin greeted us at the door with tea and biscuits, a warm smile and a very comfortable room. there was nothing she couldn't do for us it seemed - from arranging golf for my husband to steering us to great restaurants and sights in the area. her b & b is in a great location and her breakfasts are to die for. you will not be disappointed if you choose to stay a few nights at her b & b.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My father and I were in Ireland to play golf and, as we wanted to play the Carne Golf Links, we looked for a B&B in Belmullet. We're very happy we found Drom Caoin. The room we had was excellent, with comfortable beds and plush towels. Máirín is a wonderful hostess. She arranged the tee times for us at Carne, after asking about our preferences for when we wanted to play. She prepared fantastic breakfasts for us, and helped us to find quaint places for a pint of Guinness or a meal. If I were to return to the region -- and I hope to -- I would surely stay again at Drom Caoin.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family