All reviewscarnegolf coursefresh fruitdining tableperfect accommodationrecommend this b b to anyonevillage centresuperb breakfastplace to staycomfortable bedfull irishstayed longerhidden gemgerryhostsirelandwest
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Just stayed with Maureen & Gerry. Great location, the breakfast was fabulous, (including Rudds black and White puddings), rooms were very comfortable and scrupulously clean. I would heartily recommend staying here. It's just a short walk to the main drag with bars & restaurants. I'll be going back when I visit Belmullet

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Drom Caoin is a wonderful Bed and Breakfast:
I have never experienced such hospitality before! There is a wonderful service, the rooms are great and the food is delicious. Especially the big choice of fruits has to be mentioned.
Mairin and Gerry give so much attention to details (Home baked bread, coffee beans instead of instant-stuff, fresh mushrooms,....) and there is a beautiful open fire.
You do not have to worry about a possibility to park and even wlan can be used without paying extra.
I will be back, definately!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We were a group of cyclists who arrived on a wet and cold day. From the moment we arrived, Maureen was wonderfully hospitable. She dried our cycling clothes, gave us tea and refreshments, even gave us a hot-water-bottle to warm up! A few of our group were camping and the next morning she made a delicious breakfast for everyone - served with a laugh and a smile. She even brought out a selection of brandy and whiskeys - and set up a tasting competition for us.
A truly great Irish bed and breakfast experience!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank tnscorcoran
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Gerry made us feel very comfortable in his home A very nice room. Gerry was also very helpful in dropping us in town and picking us up when done and helping us find our next accomodation. His breakfast was great especially serving fresh fruit!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Having now stayed with Mairin and Gerry at Drom Caoin for seven of the last eight summers on my annual golf trip to the west of Ireland (I still regret that one summer I missed, when business got in the way), it really has become my Irish home away from home..... only better. The hospitality shown by Mairin and Gerry is superb; as warm and genuine as can be, it's what every B&B in Ireland and elsewhere should aspire to. Sensational breakfasts, very clean and comfortable rooms, wi-fi access for those who can only stay away from their laptops for so long, and avid golfer Gerry can tell you all about the magnificent Carne golf links. My days become brighter each year when April approaches and I began to finalize the details of my next stay at Drom Caoin.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends