“Nice atmosphere and even better cuisine”
Review of Half Door

Half Door
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2018

In the lovely little town of Dingle, every other doorway seems to lead to a pub, a restaurant or both. Yet it can be very hard to get a table at the better establishments. It was our good fortune to be turned away by several other popular places, so that we ended up for an early dinner at Half-Door. They gave us our best meal in Dingle and one of the best in our 10 days in Ireland. I had Monkfish, my wife a sezfood pasta and both were excellent. Best of all, I was able to order a perfect salad to start --something we could not find in most other Irish restaurants.

2  Thank Terence B

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

This restaurant offered very bland food (talbot and monkfish especially) and the starters were equally not memorable. We spent over 100 euros and simply did not see the value for the extra money.

John, our handsome waiter, was engaging and friendly. Yet the good service did not offset the food quality.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

food and service always good, lives up to expectations, have been there on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed or have any of my dining companions complained , I have no problem recommending it to friends, I enjoy going there

1  Thank rottweiler369
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Went in at dinner time for a light bite. We didn’t order an entre. Only appetizers. So they Refused to sell us a vegetable plate because they only are served with entrees.

5  Thank GBo_wrld_trvlr
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We were lucky to get in without a reservation after a day touring the Dingle Peninsula. We all ordered the special, which included a generous portion of John Dory and turbot, along with a few mussels, some potatoes and veg. The service was friendly and the atmosphere was nice. There were several tables with locals which to me is always a good sign when traveling.

3  Thank 85,254