“Greedy owner”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Went in at dinner time for a light bite. We didn’t order an entre. Only appetizers. So they Refused to sell us a vegetable plate because they only are served with entrees.

5  Thank GBo_wrld_trvlr

Reviewed 21 August 2018

We were lucky to get in without a reservation after a day touring the Dingle Peninsula. We all ordered the special, which included a generous portion of John Dory and turbot, along with a few mussels, some potatoes and veg. The service was friendly and the atmosphere was nice. There were several tables with locals which to me is always a good sign when traveling.

3  Thank 85,254
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We had excellent food (smoked oak saumon, oysters, lamb and kids menu) ; great products and great cooking. Service was perfect.

1  Thank Romain J
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

My self and my dining partner were looking for a light lunch. We both ordered the chowder,which we have had many times in other places. Both of us agreed, it was our least favourite chowder we have ever had. The herbs included were too strong in flavour, meaning the fish flavour was overpowered. The bread accompanying it was very, very good.

Service was OK. The water sorting our bill asked if we wanted to leave a tip on the card. That always turns me off a place. If I want to leave a tip (I virtually always do), I will make it my business to give it.

Still, I gave the place four starts because the rest of the menu looked good, and I would like to return to try it, namely the crab dumplings.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Without doubt one of the best if not the best restaurant in dingle, I look forward to every visit. It’s making the choice that’s the hardest... Exquisite chowder, the freshest of salads (the crab or the Cesar, leaves hand selected and perfection), turbot and John Dory, the sole on the bone is lovely... waxing lyrical but it’s with just cause... always try unsuccessfully to avoid the bread but it’s warm and so good it’s literally impossible. Should be too full for desert but the prunes and Armagnac ice cream or panna cotta are hard to refuse... Lovely family run restaurant, a real treat to bring someone special or even better to be brought!

2  Thank Tamso D