“Excellent food and service.”
Review of Half Door

Half Door
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We had excellent food (smoked oak saumon, oysters, lamb and kids menu) ; great products and great cooking. Service was perfect.

1  Thank Romain J

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

My self and my dining partner were looking for a light lunch. We both ordered the chowder,which we have had many times in other places. Both of us agreed, it was our least favourite chowder we have ever had. The herbs included were too strong in flavour, meaning the fish flavour was overpowered. The bread accompanying it was very, very good.

Service was OK. The water sorting our bill asked if we wanted to leave a tip on the card. That always turns me off a place. If I want to leave a tip (I virtually always do), I will make it my business to give it.

Still, I gave the place four starts because the rest of the menu looked good, and I would like to return to try it, namely the crab dumplings.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Without doubt one of the best if not the best restaurant in dingle, I look forward to every visit. It’s making the choice that’s the hardest... Exquisite chowder, the freshest of salads (the crab or the Cesar, leaves hand selected and perfection), turbot and John Dory, the sole on the bone is lovely... waxing lyrical but it’s with just cause... always try unsuccessfully to avoid the bread but it’s warm and so good it’s literally impossible. Should be too full for desert but the prunes and Armagnac ice cream or panna cotta are hard to refuse... Lovely family run restaurant, a real treat to bring someone special or even better to be brought!

2  Thank Tamso D
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Went to The Half Door yesterday evening for The Early Bird it was fantastic. What great choice on the menu,the chowder was the nicest ive had, the pork for main was melt in the mouth. The two lads serving us were great, welcoming relaxed and on the ball.Don't miss out on the lovely light desert or the nice wine.

2  Thank gmcg_81
Reviewed 2 August 2018

After the Global Village restaurant had let us down yesterday evening we proceeded to our friend Denis at the Half Door. We told him of Global Village's complete uninterest, incompetence and disdain for customers which we and another party had personally witnessed. He welcomed us warmly and the evening was the benchmark in quality cuisine and service. Denis has been at the Half Door for over thirty years. He cares about his passion, his business and his customers. His attention to detail is admirable. All done with charm and humour. It is inconceivable that anyone at the Half Door, The Chart House or Fentons would recommend you take an half an hour spin around the block in the pouring rain whilst they attempted to organise themselves. The Half Door will be around for another thirty years and more. The Global Village may well be a launderette within a year. A friendly word of advice for the Global Village - go and see how the other half does it - the Half Door - the professionals.

2  Thank EimearRose