“Great Hospitality, great room.”

and 1 more site!
The Lantern Townhouse
Ranked #24 of 75 Dingle B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Hospitality, great room.”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Katherine is an absolute pleasure. As a local, she knows Dingle very well. So when I was doing the day-long Slea Head Drive among my three days in Dingle, Katherine's help was invaluable. She is very friendly and relaxed, yet professional. Her breakfast service was excellent (particularly the Belgian waffles) and anything I needed, Katherine was only too happy to help. One other thing ... the water pressure in the shower was the best I experienced in a whole month in Ireland. I highly recommend staying at the Lantern when you are in Dingle.

Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Having visited Dingle on six prior occasions before my most recent visit in late September 2011, I know a thing or two about Dingle accomodations. The Lantern Townhouse on Main St. in Dingle is by far my favorite place to stay in Dingle. Katharine Keane and her family are the quintessential Irish hosts, offering my niece, nephew and myself the warmest of Irish welcomes. The rooms are spotless, the location ideal, and the delicious Irish breakfast provides ample nourishment for an entire day exploring the incomparable Dingle peninsula. Don't fret any longer about where to stay while you're in Dingle; The Lantern Townhouse offers affordable accomodations along with five star Irish hospitality.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Langley
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I booked multiple rooms for the two families travelling to Dingle. We were greeted by friendly Katherine upon arrival, and found her to be very helpful in organizing our time in Dingle. She directed us to a great little local pub I don't want to even name on here as we were the only tourists and that's why we liked it! Rooms/ beds / bathrooms all good. Breakfast was more continental than Irish, but excellent in its variety of cheese, bread, preserves, juice - fresh, some organics - mmmmm... Katherine even helped me with a dental emergency - I actually had a filling redone by 10 AM after heading to the dentist she recommended and contacted for me that morning. I'm hoping to bring some of my small OneLifetours.ca groups here on our 2013 Ireland tours.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street obviously will have more street sounds than those not. No matter, just get...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Craig B
Kilkenny
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We called Katherine at the last minute after seeing her number the hotel window. She was very helpful, calling down after hours to give us a room and some tips on where to go for our time in Dingle. It was a nasty night but the location in the heart of Dingle town meant we didn't have to give long out in the elements. The room was clean, warm and comfortable, and the shower pressure was very impressive. All in all, well recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brendankilkenny
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Katharine is an excellent host, very helpful. Our room was nice and very clean. Great selection of breakfasts. Definitely a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011