US$131
US$182
Hotels.com
US$224
US$114
Dingle Gate Hostel(Dingle)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$114
US$291
getaroom.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The owners and staff are very friendly, the accomodation is of a good standard and the breakfast is great. Located within a 5 minute taxi ride into Dingle town I can definitely recommend Killfountain farm.

ps. if you need a taxi make sure to call Mr. Sheehy (local taxi driver) as he will charge EUR8.00 for four people to travel to the town centre while other taxis will charge you EUR12

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eddiebig
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed at this b/b in August 2011. The property is very rural rather run down but that should be expected for working farm. The owner was so pleasant that you could overlook the very simple interior and all the furnishings.The linens and room were clean. Bathroom was large enough but be sure to pack your own toiletries.The traditional Irish breakfast was amazing!! My little girl met one of the the little fellas named Seamus .. such a cutie little boy.He showed her his kittens and cows! Very memorable for her you can bet. I would recommend this BB for the charm and it's close location to Dingle and the sights, which are breathtaking!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank irisheyes67_11
Reviewed 9 August 2011

After reading the reviews here, we chose this B&B for three reasons: it was less expensive than in town; we thought it would be quieter; we thought our daughter would enjoy staying on a real farm. It was less expensive, but we would not stay here again. Despite the fact that I had called ahead to let them know exactly when we were coming, we were greeted by one person staring at us, then another, then the question, "Are you looking for someone?" The hostess was later apologetic, but it wasn't exactly a warm welcome. Then there was the large blob of hair in the toilet (ugh), one towel that felt like sandpaper, a broken shower door, and completely inadequate water pressure (toilet doesn't do the job, then takes several minutes to refill). Our first night one of the dogs barked non-stop for an hour in the middle of the night (so much for quiet). The next day when we returned, they were burning garbage or brush under our window and all our belongings smelled of smoke. When we asked for another tea bag (only one was provided in a room for 3), it was delivered with a cold stare. Perhaps we caught them on a bad day, but it seemed all too clear that running the B&B was not the family's main priority. My husband described it as "a farm with a Motel-6 attached."

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kittypye
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I didn't get the pleasure of meeting his wife, but Mr. Lynch was more than helpful in accommodating us. He was a little soft spoken until the next morning at breakfast, where he had us all laughing at some of his stories. It must have been a full house, as all the breakfast tables were filled with people. Breakfast was great as was the coffee! Mr. Lynch was super nice, and we were remarking later that he'd be great to go grab a pint of Guinness with.

The accommodations were good, but remember that you're on a farm. Don't expect luxurious surroundings and you'll be fine :) There were 3 of us, and we had the triple room ensuite. The bathroom was pretty small, but was fine. This was also the only B&B we stayed in during our trip that provided a mini fridge, which came in handy. The beds were comfy enough.

The B&B is located just a couple of minutes drive outside of town, which makes for a peaceful evening (no traffic, no noise at night!). When you drive up to the place, there are a couple of buildings. The one directly in front of you (as you drive up) is the one you need to go to. The building on the left is living quarters for other people (which we found out as we knocked on their door and seemingly woke someone up... oops).

All in all, I'd stay here again. I would have loved more time to sit and chat with Mr. Lynch, but we were there for only 1 night and had to drive north the next morning. He advised us to take Connor's Pass and showed us some pictures he had taken from the Pass. It did not disappoint. Connor's Pass was spectacular! Thanks for the heads up!

Room Tip: Ask for a mini fridge if you need it.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank meskin73
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Killfountain Farm is the ideal place to stay if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing accomodation. The farm is located just a few kilometres outside of the vivid town of Dingle and can be easily reached by car, bike and even by foot, if you're not in a hurry (there is a beautiful shortcut through the fields, which the owner will be glad to show you).
My room was spacious and well-equipped with everything I needed. The freshly-prepared Irish breakfast was tasty and rich.
The Lynch family, who runs the farm and B&B are helpful, open and friendly people. All members of the family did their best to make my stay as comfortable as possible. They gave me a lift to town whenever I needed it and even drove me to some sightseeing in the region (ask for the "Killfountain Stone"...). I really enjoyed my stay with the Lynch family and felt very welcome and home on their farm.
I would suggest Killfountain Farm especially for families: It is a real, working farm and the kids will have a lot of fun with the cattle or playing with the dogs.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo