All reviews hen party next morning nightclub attached birthday weekend stayed here parking on site residents bar powerful shower few minutes walk single bed rooms were very clean good size large room star hotel night stay home away from home full irish
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Pros; Very pleasant and friendly staff when checking in & out
Wifi excellent
Good powerful shower
Clean
Cons;Although painted in modern colours the guest house is a little dated which you can tell from the bathroom tiles and finishes
There is a slightly musty smell in the room.

Didn't have breakfast so cannot comment on food.
As a precious reviewer mentioned do not expect a five star accommodation but if you are after cheap and cheerful I would recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Quayside D, Owner at Hillgrove Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

miccof,

Thank you for the positive review and the kind words about our staff. Indeed, we are one of the more affordable accommodations in Dingle, and our aim is to give value for money. I'm so happy to read your recommendation.

I hope this reply finds you well.

Kieran.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here last night. The worker when we checked in was great, very nice and friendly. The bathroom seemed dirty. We didn’t want to shower in there. Outdated but didn’t mind that. The biggest complaint was the noise. We were in room 2 which is right by a main door and you could hear everything. Location was close to town and there was free parking.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

vbrown27,

Thank you for the review. We're delighted to see you were happy with most aspects of your stay, however, we're disappointed in ourselves that you felt let down in others. We've taken your comments on board and will strive to improve in the areas you felt we weren't up to standard.

Please feel free to send me an email if you'd like to discuss this further.

Until then take care.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I first stayed in the hillgrove a few years back and had no hesitation in booking again.i was however concerned with a few recent less than complimentary reviews.i needed have been as all was to a good standard.the location is ideal and only a few minutes walk to all amenities. The rooms are finished to a good standard.the shower was very powerful which is always a bonus.i won't go into top many details but I had mentioned to the staff that it was a special occasion for us and they provided a very nice touch for us. The breakfast the next morning was very nice also .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Quayside D, Owner at Hillgrove Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

william q,

Thank you for the repeat business, it's greatly appreciated. We're delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Sean, our accommodation manager, is brilliant at making special occasions memorable and I'm so happy to see you were impressed with his attention to detail.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until then, I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Young couple touring Kerry in our 30's -Great location, parking on site, cheap place to stay and morning staff were really nice, I think these are the only positives i can take away from my stay here.
Bathrooms were scary looking and very outdated.
Breakfast was cold.
I also got locked out of the hotel and kept using the buzzer - no night porter to be found anywhere!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Queeva001

Queeva001,

Thank you for your review. I'm terribly saddened to see you didn't enjoy your time with us. While we love reading complimentary reviews, we learn more from constructive criticism; we've taken your comments on board and will learn from any mistakes. Should you like to discuss this review further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email.

Until then, take care.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Hillgrove and it had good and bad points. The staff was awesome and very helpful. Breakfast was alright the waitress was awesome.
The down side is this place should have been remodeled 20 years ago. It smelled very musty and the carpet had holes and the bed and pillows smelled. Wouldn't stay there again but if you can't find another spot it will work.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Quayside D, Owner at Hillgrove Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Michael G,

Thank you for the review. I'm terribly saddened to see you didn't enjoy your time with us in the Hillgrove. While the lovely words about our staff are delightful, I wanted to let you know the negatives are what will help us the most. I've taken your comments about the carpet and the pillows into account and have discussed them with our management and staff.

If you'd like to discuss this review further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email.

Kieran, owner.