Hillgrove Guesthouse
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshen partynext morningstayed herebirthday weekendnice clean roomsparking on siteresidents barpowerful showerfew minutes walksingle bedbit datedgood sizelarge roomnight staystar hotelhome away from homefull irish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I first stayed in the hillgrove a few years back and had no hesitation in booking again.i was however concerned with a few recent less than complimentary reviews.i needed have been as all was to a good standard.the location is ideal and only a few minutes walk to all amenities. The rooms are finished to a good standard.the shower was very powerful which is always a bonus.i won't go into top many details but I had mentioned to the staff that it was a special occasion for us and they provided a very nice touch for us. The breakfast the next morning was very nice also .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Quayside D, Owner at Hillgrove Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

william q,

Thank you for the repeat business, it's greatly appreciated. We're delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Sean, our accommodation manager, is brilliant at making special occasions memorable and I'm so happy to see you were impressed with his attention to detail.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until then, I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Young couple touring Kerry in our 30's -Great location, parking on site, cheap place to stay and morning staff were really nice, I think these are the only positives i can take away from my stay here.
Bathrooms were scary looking and very outdated.
Breakfast was cold.
I also got locked out of the hotel and kept using the buzzer - no night porter to be found anywhere!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Queeva001

Queeva001,

Thank you for your review. I'm terribly saddened to see you didn't enjoy your time with us. While we love reading complimentary reviews, we learn more from constructive criticism; we've taken your comments on board and will learn from any mistakes. Should you like to discuss this review further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email.

Until then, take care.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Hillgrove and it had good and bad points. The staff was awesome and very helpful. Breakfast was alright the waitress was awesome.
The down side is this place should have been remodeled 20 years ago. It smelled very musty and the carpet had holes and the bed and pillows smelled. Wouldn't stay there again but if you can't find another spot it will work.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Quayside D, Owner at Hillgrove Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Michael G,

Thank you for the review. I'm terribly saddened to see you didn't enjoy your time with us in the Hillgrove. While the lovely words about our staff are delightful, I wanted to let you know the negatives are what will help us the most. I've taken your comments about the carpet and the pillows into account and have discussed them with our management and staff.

If you'd like to discuss this review further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email.

Kieran, owner.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We are just back from a 3 night stay in this hotel and I must say we had a great time. From the minute we arrived we were greated by a lovely young girl ( I can't remember her name long dark hair pretty)she showed us to our room and gave us the map of the town and told us about places she would recommend.

The hotel is literally a 3 minute walk to the town I really like it because I hate being so close to a noisy Street as I'm a very light sleeper. Breakfast was really nice the staff in the dining room very friendly and attentive. The breakfast is made to order.

Our room was serviced twice while we were there great to get the fresh towels. Our room was a good size surprising. The only fault was from my husband he's a tall 6ft and he found the bed a little small for himself I found it perfect being 5ft lol very comfortable

Honestly great hotel for the price and even better staff! don't come here expecting a 3 star hotel to have 5 star expections get out there and see what a fabulous place dingle is

Thanks again for a great stay and we'll definitely be back again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Quayside D, Owner at Hillgrove Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Sinéad,

Thank you for the delightful and comprehensive review--it's made our day here. We're so happy to see we were a part of your enjoyable time in our town. You've opened my eyes to one of our shortcoming: bed length. While, financially, we can't replace all bed but getting one or two is something we'll discuss in this week's management meeting.

I hope this reply finds you well and, should you be in Dingle again, we'd love to see you again.

Until next time, take care.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

This gem was a wonderful surprise. Ok Ok, yes it is a hostel, but it's more like a small hotel. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable and the service and staff went out of their way to make our stay very comfortable. We were a family of 13 cyclists and we had booked one of the rooms that had 16 beds. We loved it! The kids had fun sleeping in the bunks. Each bed had a warm comforter and blanket and a towel. The breakfast was ample and the location was a short 5 minute walk to the main restaurant street in Dingle.

Room Tip: Great for families!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Quayside D, Owner at Hillgrove Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Jackie,

It's great to chat to you again; I hope the wind has been at your back since? Thank you for the kind words, they're greatly appreciated. We're delighted to have been part of an enjoyable stay in Dingle.

Until next time, take care.

Kieran,