8 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 27/08/22
Hotels.com
eDreams
2,173 results
All reviews kids club coastguard restaurant leisure centre the outdoor hot tub the general manager family break fantastic hotel bar food top class stunning views slea head graham creche wedding town bay ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2022 via mobile

The Dingle Skelig is an absolutely incredible hotel. My fiancé and I visited on “opening weekend” in February. It was their first night in operation following the January holiday. I could not believe how well polished the staff were – from the moment we entered – we were met with kindness, warmth & consistent professionalism. Considering how many departments operate to serve this property – I was amazed how wonderfully smooth everything was run.

Sheila, Karen, Caren, and Conor were especially delightful. I have worked closely with Sheila on managing some upcoming reservations for friends and family – she is super organized and a great communicator. Conor is extremely knowledgeable about the food menu and the property as a whole – he made us feel welcome and at home throughout our stay.

The food was absolutely phenomenal – the restaurant should be considered a Michelin restaurant. They Kerry lamb and the seafood dishes are “to die for”. The scenes from the dining area are exquisite. Having breakfast in the Coastguard room is the perfect way to start your day. There are plenty of cozy rooms with great furniture to lounge in the evenings ( have a tea , wine etc). On the Saturday night – they had a local couple play music in the bar area -- which made for a great vibe – a combination of hotel guests and a handful of locals.

The hotel property is well maintained , both inside and outside. I highly recommend the pool area and the outdoor hot tub. The bathrooms are modern and the beds are super comfortable. It’s a short walk into town where there is plenty to do (for young and old, couples and bachelors)

I cannot wait to return to the Skelig – it truly is a magical, special place ….. when you visit … YOU WILL NOT want to leave .. Thank you to the Skelig staff for making our stay so wonderful – you are all extremely talented and your contributions make this place one of a kind.

All the best,

Neil & Isabel

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Miriam Ferriter, Marketing at Dingle Skellig Hotel & Peninsula Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2022

Dear Neil and Isabel,

I would like to thank you both for sharing such a lovely review. What an amazing boost for us just before we reopen fully now for the season. It is so much appreciated.

Our team do pride themselves on their hospitality and I have shared your kind words with everyone here. Sheila is so very experienced and has a natural way with our guests and Conor is equally very popular with our guests.

Our head chef and kitchen team are also very appreciative of your lovely review.

Thank you again for your glowing words and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2022 via mobile

Just enjoyed a wonderful spa weekend in the Dingle Skellig. Every aspect of our stay was exquisite. We enjoyed fabulous treatments in the spa, Sharron was so helpful assisting us in planning our stay. We ate in the hotel bar, every meal was beautiful and the service was top class despite a very busy night for the hotel. Special mention to Conor who was so helpful and professional to us during our stay. Thank you so much to the Dingle Skellig!

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Meabh,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I have shared your very kind words with the team here and in particular Sharron and Conor.

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I do hope to see you back in the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2022 via mobile

I stayed here over Christmas and New Year with my son and had a lovely time. The service throughout the hotel was well thought through and professional. All covid restrictions were clearly communicated and enforced. I would definitely return.

Room tip: The superior king room was fab
Trip type: Travelled with family
Miriam Ferriter, Marketing at Dingle Skellig Hotel & Peninsula Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2022

Dear Aoife,

Wishing you a very happy New Year and thank you for choosing to visit us during the festive season. We appreciate your lovely feedback and 5 star rating.

I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Kind wishes,

Reviewed 29 December 2021

Absolutely amazing!!!
Siobhan and Nollaig are the best ever!!!
So helpful when I asked about local attractions and what the best places are to see Ireland!
Great hospitality and service as well as funny!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your wonderful feedback. Siobhan and Nollaig are wonderful members of our team and I have shared your lovely feedback with them.

Reviewed 13 December 2021

We stayed as a family of 6 to celebrate a big birthday and it was going to be our first stay in a hotel in 2 years due to Covid. The hospitality we received from the staff from the moment we stepped in to the hotel until we left on Sunday afternoon was incredible. Special thank you to Caren at reception and to Róisín in the dining/Bar area, ye really went above and beyond to make our weekend with you one of the best weekends we ever had at a hotel . The food was also incredible for breakfast and dinner. The monkfish was cooked to perfection and the apple tart was the best I have tasted in years. The kids loved the pool and everything was run in a very safe manner in accordance with the covid guidelines. The friendly happy atmosphere from all the members of staff is a credit to you all . You really do give a unique experience on what's so good down in beautiful Dingle. We can't wait till our next stay with you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Miriam Ferriter, Marketing at Dingle Skellig Hotel & Peninsula Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2021

Dear David,

Thank you for sharing your review and of your glowing report of your visit. I am delighted to read your very kind words and for choosing to stay with us as your first trip away.

I have shared your fantastic feedback with Caren and Róisín and our team of chefs. Thank you for acknowledging our efforts in regard to our Covid procedures. We have worked so very hard in creating systems of the highest of safety while all the while ensuring our guests feel comfortable and relaxed during their stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to visit in 2022.

Warmest wishes,