“Amazing restaurant!”

Doyle's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Dingle
Price range: US$11 - US$31
Cuisines: French, Irish, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Doyle’s Seafood Restaurant. This multi award-winning restaurant is located on John Street in Dingle town, a small picturesque fishing town on the west coast of Ireland. This elegant restaurant is now being run by chef and proprietors Sean Roche and Anna Scanlon.Having trained in some of the best restaurants in Ireland and Europe, Sean now creates an array of modern dishes with a combination of robust and integral flavours.Doyle’s Seafood Restaurant endeavours to serve great food in a relaxed and friendly setting and continues to maintain a strong commitment to the sourcing of sustainable seafood, working very closely with our local suppliers to serve the best of local and seasonal produce.
Reviewed 21 May 2022 via mobile

The food was fresh and bursting with flavour! It was cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. I would highly recommend! I couldn't decide on what to get so I got a few starters so that I could try a bit of everything. I'll have to go back to try the mains! The staff were so nice and friendly too it really was a fantastic evening. The wine is definitely over priced but that is the only negative thing I have to say. Fantastic restaurant!

1  Thank Jennie M
Write a reviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 17 May 2022 via mobile

Our last night in Dingle, I made a reservation for dinner for myself, my brother & sister in law. From other reviews, I expected a stellar evening. We arrived promptly at our reservation time. We seemed to be the only patrons, but enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. I asked our server for two checks.
From there the evening went downhill. Our small dinner salads were totally average (greens, pickles?, tomatoes, onions with house dressing). The problem was that some of the greens were wilted & slimy. I pointed this out to our server, who said she would bring it to the managers attention. My Main course was prawns & potatoes. Potatoes were good. Prawns should be large shrimp. These were small at best & swimming in garlic butter sauce vs menu advertised "chili and garlic prawns." I asked for the Manager, Sean Roche, & explained my lack of satisfaction with these two issues. His words were," prawns can be any size & that he was advised of the stale greens."
In addition, after we requested our check, it was not split as requested.
We were never offered coffee or dessert. Our server said that it was rude to question the food or lack of service as rationale to not offering coffee or dessert. . I am astounded & fully understand why this establishment had such a low turnout.
I will never return nor recommend this sub par establishment. This evening meal was a big disappointment.

1  Thank margaretmI3965IF
Reviewed 8 May 2022 via mobile

One of our favourite meals of our trip to Dingle. The food here was absolutely delicious but the visit was only made so much better by the friendly and helpful staff. Service was so good, I didn’t catch the staff members names but from general chit chat to recommendations, they are wonderful at their jobs. We thoroughly enjoyed all our dishes, Scallops and crab cake for starters, seafood risotto and salmon for mains. We tried some grilled oysters on the side and had creme brûlée for dessert, both were very very good! We will definitely be recommending. Thanks to Doyle’s for a lovely meal

2  Thank Aoife2222
Reviewed 8 May 2022 via mobile

I would highly recommend Doyle's. We ordered small plates of food tapas style and they were out of this world. Compliments to the chef Sean. We will be back again. Maria and Sean

1  Thank Clifdenconnemara
Reviewed 1 May 2022

I booked here as my husband loves seafood. I didn't have high expectations as I'm vegetarian and get used to obligatory boring options. Well how delighted I was that Doyles tickled the old tastebuds with melt-in-the-mouth options. My starter was the most incredible chargilled broccoli taco with a magical combination (I'm not joking) of herbs and dressing. Absolutely amazing. I inhaled it and then my main was a gorgeous spring herbs risotto with fresh peas. So light, creamy and tasty. My husband was equally happy with his options.
The restaurant was packed to the brim and is obviously a favourite with the locals. Even though it was so busy, the staff were brilliant, super friendly and efficient and couldn't have been more helpful. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: April 2022