All reviews ring of kerry lots of parking space short walk enormous room irish adventure sparkling clean helpful hosts walking path walk in closet b and b homemade bread bedroom and bathroom breakfast menu within easy walking distance killarney national park stayed one night wonderful town
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The house and rooms are simply incredible. Very spacious with large bathrooms and good shower facilties. The WiFi was fast and easy - something that I feel is a must for an B and B in the modern world. One thing that let it down slightly was breakfast. It felt very regimented closer to that of a cafe breakfast than a B and B one. The food was fine it just felt slightly en mass rather than personalized.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I had a short (one night) stay at Kenmare House last Monday night and I have to say it was the best b&b I've stayed in anywhere in Ireland. More like a small boutique hotel than a guest-house to be honest.

I was met by Dan when I arrived and was made feel very welcome. He showed me a very nice spacious, spotless room and then showed me the breakfast menu for the following morning and asked what time I'd like breakfast.
Bed was comfortable and the wi-fi was fast and reliable (a rare enough occurrence in any hotel or guest-house) Parking space was ample and the short-cut walk into town was explained to me. Breakfast was lovely, cooked to order and the dining room was very pleasant....relaxed decor and spotless. When I next get to visit Kenmare I'll be back here for my stay. A very enjoyable visit. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

A 9 room B&B that is simple, very clean and functional. We had the family room upstairs (Room 2) which was very large and had 4 beds and a large bathroom with two sinks. The room faced the front of the house where the street is but it was very quiet. Nothing fancy but It definitely met our needs. You got a menu that you selected the night before for breakfast with hot items and they also had cereal, breads, whole fruits; the usual continental selections. Located close enough that you can walk into town, weather permitting. You can find free town parking as well. Lots of parking space at the B&B. We enjoyed our stay here.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 13 June 2017

The Kenmare House is a lovely house set just a short walk from Kenmare town centre. We stayed here as we were attending a local wedding and needed somewhere that offered comfort and value for money.
The bedrooms were a great size with huge comfy beds and the shower was clean and powerful. The breakfasts were great too and the hosts kindly arranged a large table so that all of us attending the same wedding could eat together.
We found our hosts to be welcoming (staying up past midnight to welcome us after an evening flight) and would definitely visit again.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Lies ,lies ,lies ,I chose the Kenmare house because it boasted a view of The Ring of Kerry what I got was a view of the garage. From the moment we walked in I felt like I was inconveniencing " our Hosts" . It was advertised they had queen size beds ,there was one queen and something as comfortable as military cot our room. No dresser. Missing light bulbs. Our room hardly resembled the photographs. The towels in the bathroom or dingy and dirty . The great room was messy and dusty. There was a dirty hair tie on top of the piano. We could only use the Wi-Fi in the great room. Books all over the place. Nothing like the pictures. It appeared we were the only guests there, they could've given us a larger room. The breakfast menu offers many choices but none of them sounded appealing. We settled on the fried eggs ,sausage and bacon. The egg ( yes only one egg on a soggy piece of bread) was very overcooked . Four stars??? Who gave this place any stars. I would not recommend this bed-and-breakfast to anyone. There are several other places in downtown Kenmare to stay choose one of those locations save yourself the trouble

Date of stay: September 2016