“Beautiful house excellent value”
Review of Kenmare House

Kenmare House
Ranked #20 of 62 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I visited Kenmare recently for a wedding and we stayed at Kenmare house. The location was ideal - just a short walk from the town centre yet enjoying the peace and quite. It was spotlessly clean , cery welcoming and excellent value

Room Tip: They have excellent family rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The house and rooms are simply incredible. Very spacious with large bathrooms and good shower facilties. The WiFi was fast and easy - something that I feel is a must for an B and B in the modern world. One thing that let it down slightly was breakfast. It felt very regimented closer to that of a cafe breakfast than a B and B one. The food was fine it just felt slightly en mass rather than personalized.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I had a short (one night) stay at Kenmare House last Monday night and I have to say it was the best b&b I've stayed in anywhere in Ireland. More like a small boutique hotel than a guest-house to be honest.

I was met by Dan when I arrived and was made feel very welcome. He showed me a very nice spacious, spotless room and then showed me the breakfast menu for the following morning and asked what time I'd like breakfast.
Bed was comfortable and the wi-fi was fast and reliable (a rare enough occurrence in any hotel or guest-house) Parking space was ample and the short-cut walk into town was explained to me. Breakfast was lovely, cooked to order and the dining room was very pleasant....relaxed decor and spotless. When I next get to visit Kenmare I'll be back here for my stay. A very enjoyable visit. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

A 9 room B&B that is simple, very clean and functional. We had the family room upstairs (Room 2) which was very large and had 4 beds and a large bathroom with two sinks. The room faced the front of the house where the street is but it was very quiet. Nothing fancy but It definitely met our needs. You got a menu that you selected the night before for breakfast with hot items and they also had cereal, breads, whole fruits; the usual continental selections. Located close enough that you can walk into town, weather permitting. You can find free town parking as well. Lots of parking space at the B&B. We enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 13 June 2017

The Kenmare House is a lovely house set just a short walk from Kenmare town centre. We stayed here as we were attending a local wedding and needed somewhere that offered comfort and value for money.
The bedrooms were a great size with huge comfy beds and the shower was clean and powerful. The breakfasts were great too and the hosts kindly arranged a large table so that all of us attending the same wedding could eat together.
We found our hosts to be welcoming (staying up past midnight to welcome us after an evening flight) and would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends