“Never again !”
Review of Druid Cottage

Druid Cottage
Ranked #56 of 62 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Although the place looks pleasant from the outside, the rooms are small and the bathroom even smaller. The Landlady was very unfriendly. I was booked in to this place for a cycling trip and had to go there twice. Thankfully the Landlady was not there for the 2nd visit.
Hoever, on the first stay, it was raining in the morning so we thought we could delay our start to see if the rain would let up. The Landlady informed us that we should bring our luggage out the room as it would be picked up in 15 minutes (After 2.5 Hours was still not picked up). Unfortunately I had a puncture on my bike and had to repair and needed to go into town (15 minute walk). Finally I was ready to leave at 11:45. I asked if I could wash my habds and use a toilet. "No", I should go down to the next hotel and use the facilities there ! Great hospitality eh ?

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 July 2011

This B&B is a 2-storey stone building within walking distance to town. The host was friendly, and the breakfast was good, but the overall impression was just average due to the slightly run-down condition of the rooms, and the cleanliness of the bed linen. Any renovations must have been done some time ago. We had the downstairs room at the back with the stone wall. The room was small, but the lower than average price should lower your expectations.

Room Tip: As usual, downstairs rooms have noise problems from above.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at this quaint little cottage. The owner, was exceptional, pleasnat and available. We loved the half front door as we approached the cottage. Very clean, and the breakfast was over the top. Druid Cottage is is walking distance to the town of Kenmare. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brandon R
Reviewed 29 October 2010

The hosts were helpful and it is in a great location to walk into Kenmare. My husband and I always stay at places that we can walk to the pubs. We loved the house, it is interesting with lots of character. Kenmare is a wonderful, friendly town and a great place to stay when touring the Ring of Kerry.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loobobone
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Booked the B&B well in advance. Got a phone call asking us when we would be arriving and asking us to confirm our arrival, which is fair enough. We ran twice on day of arrival as we ended up being an hour late and didnt want that to be a problem. Arrived at 6:30 PM with our luggage at the door only to be told there was a terrible mistake and one of their other guests had miscommunicated they wanted to stay further nights- she had arranged another B&B for us in Kenmare for that night. We had no option but to take her B&B as it was too late to go anywhere else. The new B&B was near a road and would not have been our choice. Left with distinct impression that we were gazumped and were just thrown out to one of her mates B&B's.
Left with a terrible impression of Kenmare and that its a tourist trap. We should have gotten a phone call when she heard there was an overbooking not at 6:30 in the evening.We could have made alternative arrangements and there would have been no problem.
Wont be back in Kenmare thats for sure.
My advice is that in high season this B&B cant be trusted to keep a one night booking -if a better offer comes in youre toast.
Avoid.