Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2019

we stayed here for one night , 8 of us in total. we got an amazing welcome from Aoife , she helped us cook our evening meal. The hostel and rooms are exceptionally clean. it is an ideal hostel for cyclists as they have a great bike shed to store the bikes, and overall great facilities and there was another group of cyclists staying here too. I would highly recommend this hostel
Liz O Donovan , President of An Oige , Cork / Kerry Region Group

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Failte Hostel Kenmare, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2019

Thanks a million Liz...glad you all had a lovely time and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2019

I stayed here for two nights with a group of 12 cyclists . All of us were very happy with the Failte Hostel, the accommodation was clean and spacious. There was a lock up facility for our bicycles, an air dryer was also available to dry wet and damp clothes. There is a very well equipped kitchen with a full supply of all cooking utensils. There was a supply of free tea/ coffee/ bread/ biscuits, butter, jam etc for use by all visitors. Overall a great place to stay with very friendly host Aoife and her Mum.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you very much. We are glad you all enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back.
Warm Regards,
Maureen & Aoife.

Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

I've been in really many different hostels all over the world so far, as I like the idea of meeting mind-liked backpackers/travellers. Most of those hostels were really nice, however the Fáilte Hostel in Kenmare is one of my favourites and actually made me write my first review on TripAdvisor!
The place is just fantastic and made us feel at home at the first moment. The furnishing is super cosy, very tidy and clean. Especially the hosts (the Hostel is run by a family) create an unique and very welcoming atmosphere. They were always up for a nice chat and we never had the feeling, just to be paying customers but felt appreciated and honestly welcomed.
Our stay was a bit unscheduled, as originally we wanted to hike the Kerry Way but had to stop this adventure after just two days as a consequence of a very painful inflammation on my back. I couldn't have wished for a better place to recover. At the end we spent an entire week at this Hostel, even after I felt much better and could have continued our trip. Kenmare itself offers plenty of outdoor activities to do and places to discover and it's a really beautiful area!
I'll definitely be back at this Hostel for sure :-)
My friend Max who was travelling with me agrees 100% with my review

Best wishes

Max and Thomas

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Failte Hostel Kenmare, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

Thank you so much for your lovely review Thomas & Max. We are glad you felt at home. It was lovely meeting you too. We do hope you come visit us again.

Warmest Regards,
Maureen, Aoife & Monica.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

First the good things:

Nicely appointed shared spaces, friendly gathering spot in a large kitchen, nice host and respectful and interesting fellow guests. Good location, though you have to scamper through a fairly high traffic corner each time you arrive and depart.

From a walkers perspective, this hostel was lacking. It had no drying room and not even a stack of newspapers to stuff boots with.

The host offered to put our things in a dryer ' for five minutes' but this left our gear wet though no longer dripping. Walkers are not permitted to place boots in vicinity of the aga stove.

In addition to beds, our room had 4 peg hooks and one hardback chair. No place to unpack except the floor.

The heat is supplied via a ceiling vent so not even a radiator available to dry boots and socks in the room.

The mattresses are in need of replacing.

There was an obstacle course of stairs to navigate for overnight visits to the bathroom.

The atmosphere is great, but from a practical perspective we found this really lacking. It was my least favorite accommodation in a mix of hostels and BnBs we visited on the Kerry Way.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GibsonsFruGal
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Failte Hostel Kenmare, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for your review.
I'm glad you enjoyed our shared common rooms and great atmosphere.
Regarding the drying room and offering to dry your clothes-we did offer to dry your clothes at no cost-it did not suit as you didn't want your clothes in the dryer for too long. We have plenty of newspaper to supply for walking boots, so you should have asked. I'm sure you can understand why there are no boots allowed in the vicinity of the Aga stove in the Kitchen-the smell for one would not be nice. We do have a cupboard for boots to dry-again-you should have asked the owner and she would have shown you. The reason guests can't put boots or clothes on the heaters is due to fire and safety.
Our mattresses are orthopaedic and only 2 years old. The bathroom is shared on the same floor as your room and there is one step down and one step up. An ensuite room would have probably suited your needs better if you preferred to have the bathroom in your room. I'm sorry to hear that it was your least favourite...I guess a Hostel is not for everyone.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Always wanted to stay here and got my chance recently when walking The Beara Way. It certainly lived up to its reputation and its name! We got a great welcome from Maureen and some tips on where to catch live music in Kenmare. We had a double ensuite room which was ideal. Light breakfast (porridge), tea/coffee and snacks were provided. There is a lovely sitting room for reading and chilling out.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank HelenTravelBug

Thank you for your lovely comments and we hope you will come visit us again.
Warm Regards,