US$147
US$122
  • Breakfast included
US$152
US$151
Davitts Kenmare Guesthouse(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$117
US$111
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

The Lodge(Kenmare)
US$146
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$422
US$396
Hotels.com
US$526
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$940/night.

All reviewsgreat locationfriendly family runbudget accommodationpublic lotsitting roomwould stay here againcommon roomexcellent facilitiesother guestsstayed here for two nightstea and coffeecentre of towndormensuiteshowerpubskerry
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed at Failte Hostel for a few nights and it was great. Clean, spacious room for three, nice view of the yard, quiet despite being on the streets intersection, easy to find, cozy common room, a great selection of books to read, spacious and very well equipped kitchen, helpful and polite staff, good wifi signal.

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2015

Thanks a million for your lovely comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our short flight from England was delayed...we made it to the Failte Hostel at around 11pm on a Wednesday.

A telephone number found on the front door with clear instructions to call should no-one answer after knocking.

Maureen, the hostel owner arrived within minutes of our call with friendly open arms, welcoming us to Kenmare.

We were guided through the hostel, Maureen pinpointing necessities, to our room.

Located on a junction there was inevitable noise from traffic though being really honest, this caused us no problems at all. The weather meant our window had to stay open though due to the amount of walking/fresh air etc we took no rocking to sleep.

A fantastic location meaning minutes walking to the cafes/restaurants and pubs.

Such a friendly town, perfectly located for the Ring of Kerry and the Ring of Beara.

I have to say that this hostel is definitely among my favourite after staying in many Irish Hostels over the years.

Many thanks to Maureen and Monica for making us so welcome. :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Maureen & Monica look forward to welcoming you again soon some day!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We only stayed one night at this hostel, and it was quite a nice one. Very, very clean, and my 18 year old son and I had a huge private room with 4 beds. It was comfortable, with a mixed-gender shower room just down the hall (heads up if you're uncomfortable with mixed-gender showering). The kitchen facilities, reading room, everything seemed very comfortable and clean, though we didn't use them. The gal who checked us in wasn't particularly friendly or welcoming; however, she did her job pleasantly, if a bit disinterested. The only drawback is that we are not at all used to traffic noise and this hostel is right on the roundabout intersection of two major roads and there was traffic noise ALL night long... no escaping it from our room; however, there may have been rooms on the back side of the hostel that don't have that problem. It was so hot and muggy, and we had to have our window open or feel suffocated, so we dealt with the noise most of the night. When we finally shut the window, it didn't really reduce the noise much, anyway. Overall - it's a great place to stay if you can deal with traffic noise and mixed gender shower facilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jnutraveler
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your email and we are glad you enjoyed your stay in your 'huge private room'. We are situated in the centre of a busy town so we cannot help the traffic situation especially during peak times. Perhaps a b&b outside the town might have suited better, but we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Failte Hostel is a lovely hostel with a nice atmosphere, a friendly warden, a very well equiped kitchen and a nice livingroom. All is very clean (rooms, bathrooms, kitchen...) and the private room for two was very big (it was a big room for 4 people). It is located in the towncentre. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MICHAEL D
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at Kenmare Failte Hostel.
Thank you for your lovely comments.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I just got back from a three week backpacking trip around Europe and every time I entered a new hostel I found myself wishing it was more like the Failte Hostel. I chose to stay in Kenmare because it was my great-grandmother's hometown, and when I told Maureen, the owner, this she immediately got on the phone and found my cousins for me within a half hour. Her kindness then alone made my stay, but her advice on places to see while I was in Kerry and the friendliness of everyone at the hostel made me feel at home. Everything was clean and welcoming in the hostel itself, and it's right in town which is perfect for activities. I could walk everywhere in Kenmare. I'll definitely stay again if (when!) I return!

Liz Green

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Liz G

Thank you so much and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Maureen is glad she was able to help you and make your stay enjoyable. We hope you will return.