US$147
US$122
  • Breakfast included
US$152
US$151
Davitts Kenmare Guesthouse(Kenmare)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$117
US$111
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

The Lodge(Kenmare)
US$146
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$422
US$396
Hotels.com
US$526
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$940/night.

All reviewsgreat locationfriendly family runbudget accommodationpublic lotsitting roomwould stay here againcommon roomexcellent facilitiesother guestsstayed here for two nightstea and coffeecentre of towndormensuiteshowerpubskerry
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Loved my stay there. Good value.Very clean. Comfy beds.Very cozy common rooms with a fireplace.Within minutes walk from everywhere in town.Not for party animals.Great if you want to relax.Sweet and hospitable host/owner,helped me dry my wet clothes after a long hike & also got me lots of info re local activities etc.Her warmth made my stay.Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Dani_love2travel
kenmarefailtehostel, Owner at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely comments...we are glad we 'made your stay'.
Thanks, Maureen.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

A family run hostel. Very welcoming and friendly staff. The kitchen is authentic irish country style. The facilities were spotless. Parking is an issue here. Notices around including rules could be worded a bit better. All in all I would recommend this place. It was secure and well run.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Carmel123456
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. There is a public free car park just 3 doors from our Hostel. With regards to the wording of the notices - would you mind letting us know how we could word it better and we can look into it? We'd appreciate it.
Thank you...

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Thank you so much for making such a welcoming home- for this is what it feels like, much less a hostel. I loved the kitchen where people naturally met each other, and me and my friend met so many interesting and lovely people through staying at this place. Just missed a cat by the aga and I could have imagined I was at home! And the location is excellent, Kenmare is a great place to experience the culture of the pub life complete with music in just about every pub in town! And the hostel is within a short walk of all of them!! The countryside around is just amazing too. Definitely the place I remember with great fondness as I look back on my Ireland holiday.

Room Tip: The ones at the front of the hostel have a great view down the street of quaint Kenmare
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Clare G
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and we are delighted you both enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad you felt at home...Kindest Regards, Aoife.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at the Fáilte recently as part of a small cycling group and were really pleased.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable with plenty of hooks for hanging clothes, something other hostels lack. The kitchen facilites are superb and the Aga is always on so even on a miserable wet day the whole place is cosy. And clean, the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen are all so spotless. There are bike racks outside. If you don't want to cook-in then all the restaurants and cafés and pubs of Kenmare are on your doorstep. And the staff is always friendly and helpful. Having the owners on site rather than a warden makes a huge difference. Kenmare is a great spot for cycing, hillwalking for just a weekend away, and the Fáilte is definitely the place to stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ester2010
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Kindest Regards, Aoife.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have mountain-biked over 2,000 miles in Ireland staying in numerous hostels and campgrounds. The Failte Hostel in Kenmare is my absolute favorite. The location is excellent. The rooms are large, airy, clean, and have the best beds. The bathrooms are spotless and the WiFi access is free with a good signal. The staff are very friendly and helpful as well. There are several bike racks in the rear to securely store your ride and a bicycle shop right across the street if you need some work done. This hostel is easily my #1 recommendation in Ireland.

Room Tip: Book in advance, especially for the weekends!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gregary_Stalnaker

Wow! It's comments like these that make it worthwhile...thank you very much for your lovely comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Kindest Regards, Aoife.