All reviews great location friendly family run budget accommodation public lot hiking trip sitting room big kitchen would stay here again common room excellent facilities cup of tea double bed stayed here for two nights centre of town other guests live music dorm
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This independent hostel in Kenmare town is clean, organised, homely and spacious - all in one. The owner is friendly and welcoming. I especially liked the different eating areas so that we were not intruding on other guests when we ate our fish and chips, noisily, after a lovely day's cycling. The hostel has bike parking, albeit uncovered and the other facilities leave nothing to be desired.

We had a four-person room and it was very spacious - most hostels would have fitted four more beds in that room.

Room Tip: As well as dorms there is a range of private rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bernadette54
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely comments...we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us...thanks again, Aoife.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed here while doing a cycle around the Ring of Kerry and could not have been happier with my choice while in Kenmare. The hostel is spotlessly clean, there are 2 kitchen/dining areas one containing an old Aga range that made it so cosy. The sitting room is full of character. I got the warmest of welcomes and later Aoife even offered to share her own evening meal with me. I stayed in a dorm room for €18 for the night, the bed was very comfortable and had a nice warm duvet. Overall, a great experience at Failte Hostel and I will definately be back.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments...we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

This was one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in. The kitchen was really nice and well stocked and I felt at home instantly. It was the perfect place to stay for a few days and enjoy the surrounding countryside. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: My room was over looking downtown Kenmare. Since the town isn't huge this wasn't an issue and the view from the window was wonderful. I did have to shut the window at night though because the traffic noise was loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
kenmarefailtehostel, Manager at Kenmare Failte Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us...it's comments like these that make it worthwhile!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

There were around 15 of us (university students) who visited, and they were incredibly accommodating here and made us feel very welcome to Kenmare. They gave us some great tips on where to go and made sure that we felt at home. The hostel itself is located in a perfect spot, right on a corner of one of the main streets in Kenmare, and it has a really cozy feel, with a kitchen and a living room with a fireplace. Everything was very clean and classy, and we had an amazing stay here. HIGHLY recommended - stay here if you have the chance!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us...we look forward to welcoming you again...

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed at this hostel with UCC Choral Society and my choir from 30th November to 2nd December 2012. We found this hostel to be affordable, clean and the staff were freindly and accessible. The facilities, such as the kitchen were perfect for our needs. The rooms are beautiful, rustic and traditionally Irish. The hostel also has a great location as we were situated in the middle of the town. I would definitely reccommend this hostel to anybody who wants to stay in Kenmare.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us...we look forward to welcoming you back.